Charmingly naïve Christian group names Alaska shelter 'The Glory Hole'

and….Amen.

1 Like

And what are you adding by amplifying it? I’m not sure you’re aware you’re making it far far worse.

I mean you -think- someone is sneering. I -think- someone is too. We’re not in agreement on who shot first, this site at you, or you at this comments section.

You seem to take it personal is all, and maybe achieving the change you wish to see involves being it. Have a great day! For real.

1 Like

I have limitations. That doesn’t make what I say invalid, does it?

1 Like

I’m sure the priest didn’t realize there was anything untoward going on with the name… he just showed up to do his business, and suddenly an innuendo came out of nowhere.

I partially agree with you. I was drawing a caricature. I felt upset about the post and I thought making a point out of it was OK. I agree that I shouldn’t make it worse by doing the same, I was feeling bad and wanted to point out what I thought was unjust. I believe the post is unjust. Other posters later on did it better than I did; the video, the appeal to give to the shelter. Peace to you and I’m sorry.

Maybe the post has been changed since it was first posted, but it is referred to a “Charmingly naive” and says they do good work. The linked post on the “Friendly Atheist” has no sneering comments and provides a link to the website which has a prominent donate button. The story was linked so we could laugh at a bit of dramatic irony (that definitely hinges on a juvenile Beavis-and-Butthead-esque reaction, for sure) and an unusual juxtaposition.

I think I can have a laugh at “Click Here to Join the Glory Hole Board of Directors” without being mean to anyone.

If anyone out there is looking down their nose at “stupid christians” for being stupid then that person is indeed being a total jackass, but I don’t think that’s what’s happening here.

[Note: If the post has changed since it was first posted and there was some sneering then good job pointing it out, you probably were part of what made the change happen]

2 Likes

The validity of your comment is probably perfect from your POV, but could be easily construed as opinion by anyone else. YMMV. I’ve been a member of BB forums for quite a while, and expect all manner of goofy stuff and serious stuff to get posted by the editors. Dick jokes to police extrajudical executions to unicorn chasers to feminist topics chocked full of MRA troll comments, I come to see it all (I skip the bananas and Disney stuff, though, not my bag). I’d miss the variety greatly if the editors conformed with the wishes of the minority expressing disappointment with the forums.

Yet you gave me a <3. You’re a good sport. Stick around, check out more topics; you may find your disappointment diminish with increased participation.

2 Likes

Aw, c’mon, just look at it.

1 Like

I read BB everyday. Thanks for the good-will.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I appreciate your pointing that out.

1 Like

It depends upon which church, of course. But ritual is, generally speaking, purely symbolic. Christians might be more literally-minded than most, but even many of them seem to understand the symbolism behind things concepts as transubstantiation and resurrection. Even a church telling people to take it literally, does not imply that the church themselves understand it literally.

Oh, I agree, I think they are taking the wrong approach, I just wanted people to realize there were kind intentions behind it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.