Cheap bidet kit for toilet

Nice!

Here’s a picture I sent home when I first encountered a bidet in a hotel in Manama, Bahrain, with the Subject: Fruit Washer

7 Likes

You may need to vary your diet a little.

7 Likes

The people who scoff at bidet attachments have never tried one. And as was mentioned above, the unheated water is not as bad as one would imagine. Gone are the days of smearing shit around with a handful of toilet paper.

3 Likes

But do you know how to use the three shells?

4 Likes

1 Like

I’ve got one of these but mine goes to 11 …

1 Like

I’ve had one of these for 2 years and water temp is not an issue.

1 Like

I’ve done some travelling and I love water jets, but every time I see an affordable addon, there’s a problem. It’s not the cold water; that’s just refreshing, like a mountain brook.

(warning! overshare: )

When my toilet time gets serious, the back side of the bowl is exactly… the danger zone. Keeping an old toothbrush handy to try and scrub all around a little pipe doesn’t sound like fun.

Maybe I need a bathroom stool to adjust my angle whilst I am thus reposed.

A bidet-owning friend said it this way: “If a bird shits on your arm, would you wipe it off with a kleenex and consider it ‘clean’?”[quote=“tyroney, post:49, topic:93965”]
When my toilet time gets serious, the back side of the bowl is exactly… the danger zone. Keeping an old toothbrush handy to try and scrub all around a little pipe doesn’t sound like fun.
[/quote]

Not sure about the one in this article, but the cheapo one I have has a little plastic guard that protects the little pipe/nozzle bit. When you turn on the water, the nozzle extends out from the guard to spray. If there’s serious toilet time, the guard is very easy to clean off.

1 Like

I don’t know why people would want to limit the usefulness of this thing by hooking it up to warm water…

Who wants to drink warm water from a water fountain?

3 Likes

I was vaguely aware of that scene from Demolition Man. Two clicks later, I now understand.

Does anyone else find it amazing that you can highlight “three shells”, right-click → Search Google for “three shells” and the first page of results has more than enough to answer the question?

2 Likes

I find it equally amazing that I translated that in one click.

2 Likes

Typically no soldering (nor a plumber) is needed. From the sink’s hot water shut off valve you disconnect the line to the sink, install a splitter, then reconnect sink line and your new bidet hot water line. We had to drill a small hole in the wall of the vanity so the bidet hot water line could pass through it, but that’s as hard core as it got. Then viola! The unknown pinnacle of civilized living suddenly appears.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.