Cheap bidet kit for toilet

Something puckers at the thought.

1 Like

Don’t you have to get a plumber to run a hot water line to the toilet?

2 Likes

he’s on it!

2 Likes

Me too! When we traveled to Europe the guy at the hotel desk seemed shocked when we told him how much we enjoyed the bathroom drinking fountain, and that there was nothing of the kind in America.

10 Likes

It lacks a heated seat, which is something one gets used to.

It’s easy enough to run a line from the bathroom sink, assuming thats next to the toilet.

1 Like

Who puts a sink next to a toilet? Mine is like eight feet away. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

SRSLY? We have to tun the hot tap for a full minute before the hot water gets to it. That’s a lot of cold water on the orifice before the joy of hot water kicks in.

4 Likes

I know in my bathroom it would take like 5 minutes of running the water to get warmer-than-cold going.

After I’ve taken a shower, the sink’s hot water comes pretty quick. Without the shower before hand, whatever I wanted it for isn’t worth the wait.

3 Likes

I have one of these, and it’s just fine, even when it’s 60 inside the apartment. I wish every toilet had one.

2 Likes

Same here. I have an “on demand” water heater which is really “after 60 seconds, you get as much hot as you want.”

1 Like

I can still recall the version of that I tried in a South Korean hostel 17 years ago. Early march, a cold night, first thing in the morning… . Never forget it.

2 Likes

People like me who’s entire bathroom is 5’ x 6 1/2’. It’s cozy with two adults and two kids getting ready in the morning :smiley:

4 Likes

You know what they say about the family that pees together…

2 Likes

Yes, yes I do. Wait, what else did they say about us?
I did put up the curtains finally, liked they asked (seriously, one of our neighbors briefly changed their wifi network ID to “YouNeedBlinds”)

Good thing we already skewed towards the, I don’t know, somewhat unconventional?

5 Likes

I bought a very similar one and was worried about the non-heated water. It’s not bad, really. The water in the tank has been sitting there awhile, so it’s near to the ambient room temperature. Not “warm”, but not chilly, most of the time.

Considering that a Toto washlet would run me close to $1000 between electrical contractor fees and the toilet hardware, a $22 thing to squirt water down below is a fine trade-off I’m willing to live with.

2 Likes

And that, right there, is why I didn’t bother paying an extra $10 for the model with a separate hot water line.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure… nice to have the warm water option, but there’s something special about a cold water blast up the backside. Takes me right out of that morning fog.

Source: I’ve installed a similar unit; both cold & hot are plumbed in with a manual adjustment; 2 nozzles (“butt” and “female”); near as I can tell, they differ only in angle of the stream. Got off Amazon.ca for ~CDN$80 or so. Someday hope to get a full featured on, with blow dry and… animated…?.. nozzles. No need for the perfume option, since my poop smells like just-dried puppies.

Can’t say I “fell in love” with the idea, but I did come to appreciate the hose installed in most toilets during my visits to India. Very refreshing.

Could not get used to the “small bucket of water & left hand” method, as was common in the least fancy toilets (factory, train or bus station, etc).

Pro tip for squat toilets: take your pants and undergarments completely off and hang away from the toilet. So much easier and much less risky.

1 Like

Mine didn’t. Just a plastic hose that you bring to the sink vanity and a vampire tap thingy, which I didn’t use; instead, just soldered in a T fitting (3/8" copper on the ends, 1/4" plastic pipe connector at the perpendicular fitting).

This setup assumes toilet near sink vanity; more difficult if too large separation there, or any configuration where running a plastic line is difficult.

I’m no plumber, but I do wonder if there are code issues with running the hot water like this. Also, no backflow valves are present; I was told by the Home Depot dude that I needed one if I added a simple hose-and-spray-nozzle device.

Bidet naysayers: give it an honest try.

1 Like