Cheap magnetic tetrominoes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/14/cheap-magnetic-tetrominoes.html

1 Like

Are there any good magnetic tetrominoes? As in: each “pixel” a cube rather than millimeter-thick.

Do you have a 3d printer?

1 Like

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:53814 Magnetic Tetris Play Set

Also, affiliate links should be clearly disclosed per FTC rules. Hate for you guys to get in trouble for that.

1 Like

Boing Boing uses cookies and analytics trackers, and is supported by advertising, merchandise sales and affiliate links

It’s at the bottom of every single page.

Excerpt: “Putting disclosures in obscure places – for example, buried on an ABOUT US or GENERAL INFO page, behind a poorly labeled hyperlink or in a “terms of service” agreement – isn’t good enough. Neither is placing it below your review or below the link to the online retailer so readers would have to keep scrolling after they finish reading.”

1 Like

There are cube-shaped mini-magnets (usually neodymium) ; should be possible to paint them.
Probably won’t be dirt cheap, though.

1 Like

It’s the advertisers that get in real trouble, which is why Amazon defines the disclosure used and we therefore use it verbatim.

The whole thing about the FTC going after legit editorial reviews/commentary that include Amazon links was always a red herring. We went through it all with the Gamer Gaters and everything one might google one’s way to in an escalating and increasingly animated effort to prove otherwise will result only in a) smoking keyboards and b) nothing happening.

I would like Amazon links to have more contextual signifiers, though. Years ago we could take for granted the fact our readers knew we used them, that the disclosure was reasonably close to the copy, and that people could easily hover to see where a link goes. But in the age of facebook-fed mobile traffic this is no longer a reliable assumption.

Your reading of the rules is different than mine, and I found the disclosure on your page to be pretty non-obvious. But as long as you’ve done your homework and you’re satisfied that you’re in compliance, then that’s fine by me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.