Check out the first trailer for the new Babylon 5 movie

Originally published at: Check out the first trailer for the new Babylon 5 movie | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The new actors doing impressions of the dead cast members are very good so far. Very excited for this

6 Likes

I can not wait to watch it, but it just reminds me of how much we have lost. While its nice to see more B5, a reboot or a time skip is prob in order.

2 Likes

JMS has been working on a reboot of some description that was meant to be at the CW, but production was postponed at least a year because of recent reshuffles behind the scenes. JMS says he’s still optimistic about it coming out though.

2 Likes

There’s part of me that more leans towards a time skip, just because the only thing a reboot is going to add is better cgi, it will all ways be compared to the orignal.

3 Likes

JMS has described it as the same story but with contemporary sensibilities and production, which is an interesting idea at least. So Sheridan will still be commanding B5, with a personal connection to the Shadows he’s not aware of and so on.

If he manages to do some of the things he’d planned for the original show and couldn’t, like Delenn being trans, or keeps some of the things that have become more controversial for stupid reasons like all the anti-fascism, it’ll be hilarious watching the pissbabies calling the show woke

4 Likes

“How dare you insert all this woke politics that was there all along!”

/s

2 Likes

“Zathras warned them, but no one listens to Zathras.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.