What if Denis Villeneuve directed a new Star Wars reboot

Originally published at: What if Denis Villeneuve directed a new Star Wars reboot | Boing Boing

1 Like

no mechanical droids? that’s not Star Wars then. that being said, i do like the look of Vader.

7 Likes

Chewie become a brown Dr. Manhattan.

10 Likes

Chewie is Dr Manhattan & Vader is Mysterio.

5 Likes

Jinx!

2 Likes
7 Likes

I wish Star Wars could be rebooted with someone who can actually write a cohesive story line.

New Hope is fine (short of Chewy being left hanging). I can even accept Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. But the Prequels and Sequels need to be tossed into the bin and forgotten.

Not an original take I know, but one that still needs to happen. It’s a shame to have such a good universe blighted by such shallow and uncreative writing.

3 Likes

It just needs more Garak and Sisko.

8 Likes

The Other station will be rebooted…

4 Likes

Excuse me? Are you asking what if he waded into a swamp of the most toxic fans in the universe and changed something??

5 Likes

Someone hasn’t heard of gamergate.

9 Likes

If it causes the existing fan base to disband, even better! :wink:

Don’t reboot the original movies, go into a different timeline and do your own story.

1 Like

garak-sisko-seems-angry

5 Likes

I liked some of the stuff explored in the Star Wars: Visions shorts (especially the first film telling a classic Rōnin story set in a Star Wars-esque universe) but I don’t know if I’d have the appetite for a full-scale reboot.

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

garak-hope-best

ds9-garak-expect-worst

4 Likes

4 Likes