Check out the hot women in the 2016 Pirelli Tire Calendar

What I was referring to was things like, “How can you not find person X hot? What are you, gay?” or, as someone said above, “There are plenty of folks (I assume mostly male) who do not find her attractive as she doesn’t fit their stereotype.”

Either way you are being shamed for not finding person X attractive.

1 Like

I have nothing against Yoko Ono at all. [quote=“popobawa4u, post:52, topic:70047, full:true”]
She’s awesome! I’d rather listen to Yoko Ono’s music than that of The Beatles.
[/quote]
Umm. I wouldn’t go that far.

ducks

You know who else ducked? George W. Bush.

1 Like

I hate them. Every time they’ve been OEM on a car we’ve bought, I couldn’t wait to replace. Favorite replacement sporty tire thus far - Nitto Motivo.
My runflats on my X3 are P7’s, and your story isn’t the first I’ve heard. My wife has Bridgestone RFT’s on her car and one did blow in a construction zone and worked perfect so she could get to work - happend on the freeway.

OT - Amy looks awesome, and so does Patty.

1 Like

And now that I am home where I can not worry about the prudes at work.
Okay I am a bit out of the who’s who of popular media these days, but umm she is sexy. Actually it looks that she is quite smart and funny and the easy on the eyes body is just icing on the cake really.

I want one!

I freaking love their choices! I can only imagine how fun and interesting some dinner party would be with those people around the table (and that’s alluring as hell).

Also I want to be Tavi Gevinson when I grow up. And I’m twice her age.

3 Likes

There has been at least one mechanic in my family for each of the last five generations. Seriously, the Fried Green Tomatoes DVD might go over better than you think, not least because of that car insurance joke Cathy Bates does.

True, although in defence of dudebros (wow, never thought I’d type that) women do it to each other as well. I had a friend shout, “Are you SURE you’re not a lesbian?” at me when I failed to appreciate a passing guy’s Morissey-esque eyebrows.

3 Likes

Ah, ok. It’s just the way you wrote it:[quote]
I have never seen anyone policing anyone else’s personal preferences when they find person X attractive. Actually it seems to me that people are more shamed for not finding person X attractive.
[/quote]

It seemed to me like you said that people would critique you for not finding a particular someone attractive, but, conversely, they would not critique you for finding a particular someone attractive.

From the Book Depository:

https://www.bookdepository.com/IDRIS-ELBA-A3-2016-CALENDAR/9781785791178

6 Likes

The third one from above, who is he?

1 Like

Tom Baker. Most famous for being the Fourth Doctor.

6 Likes

Thanks! He looks great.
And now I’m thinking: “I know my default state is living under a rock. Whats the problem with that?” To: “How worse is it really?” :wink:

4 Likes

To be fair, that was a photo from the 1970s. Still, he was in a Doctor Who episode only a year or two ago, and he didn’t look all that much different other than being greyhaired.

3 Likes

I’ll be in my bunk.

Also: I love Tom Baker possibly because he’s so weird-looking.

And also he bears a strong resemblance to my father, take that as you will.

10 Likes

Attraction for me begins with making me smile. Always. after that…love food like I do.

Tom was my first doctor, and you never forget your first… Doctor.

9 Likes

You started watching Doctor Who young, then.

I want to say I remember Baker, but I’m not sure I do. But I definitely remember Davison.

Reruns on pbs I seem to recall.

2 Likes

Yeah that for me as well. It was a show I had heard of only in the scifi magazines till then.
PBS started with running the Tom Baker shows when I was in high school… at 10:30pm on Sunday night oh I was totally useless on Monday mornings but so worth it.

2 Likes