Check out this classic Regis & Kathie Lee interview with Armin Shimerman in character as Quark

Originally published at: Check out this classic Regis & Kathie Lee interview with Armin Shimerman in character as Quark | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Shimerman is a true acting pro. It was such a pleasure to see him make a guest appearance on a recent episode of Star Trek: Lower Decks.

9 Likes

The arguments about whether DS9 is better than Voyager I think depend a lot on whether you like the characters or not, and Quark is probably the best character on DS9-- he and his brother and nephew are pretty atypical Ferengi.

5 Likes

I’m an unrepetant Voyager fan and it has long been my favorite of the series. But even I admit DS9 was better in every conceivable way. Better writing, acting, better overall arc for the series. It doesn’t change the fact I want Janeway to captain any ship I’m on, but yeah… DS9 was the peak of the 2nd wave of Star Trek.

5 Likes

That was the nicest Karen I’ve ever seen.

Also, this interview is giving me a really, really good idea how interviews with real extraterrestrial visitors would go. He is exactly the amount of in-character for this, and exactly the amount of acting naturally as well.

Thanks, that was really a wonderful thing to watch. Despite the low resolution.

2 Likes

That was a great interview! Armin switched points of views flawlessly when answering as Quark and/or Armin when in makeup as Quark, and it was fun to see the personality difference when he was in-character and just himself.

4 Likes

“The truth is— I GAVE him those words to say!!”

star trek rom GIF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.