Chemistry prof from Periodic Videos finally watches 'Breaking Bad'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/26/chemistry-prof-from-periodic-videos-finally-watches-breaking-bad.html

8 Likes

The Professor Sir Dude’s hair abides.

6 Likes

That guy is every prof I know, critiquing a show that features their subject. Awesome.

2 Likes

What’s the level of spoilers in this video? It’s been queued up in my recommendations for a while now and although I haven’t watched Breaking Bad, I might want to someday.

4 Likes

Pretty low. He only goes over the first episode. It doesn’t reveal the big spoiler that comes toward the end of the episode.

5 Likes

I thought the guy interviewing him might have mentioned that the nonsensical montage of “chemistry” is by design for the simple reason that they, y’know, don’t show you how to actually make crystal meth.

5 Likes

He’s the British Bob Ross of chemistry with that hair.

I love his normal channel, nice to see he’s finally seen this show.

Myself, I’ve never watched it.

3 Likes

Best quote, “I know very few chemists that have mustaches, actually.”

4 Likes

Plus, they’re using phosphorous because the red P method uses phosphorous. He obviously only looked up one way to make meth, and that wasn’t it.

1 Like

Aye. It’s the tweaker method in the early days of the cook before they needed to start producing it in more industrial quantities and responsible for one of my fave scenes.

6 Likes

He’s also never had a soft drink or “cola” and doesn’t intend to.

Is anyone else getting a real Jesse Pinkman vibe from the interviewer?
(uh, except for this Jesse having a British accent and not ending every sentence with “biatch.”)

-------

Also, the reason you don’t cook in a volumetric flask (instead of, say, an Erlenmeyer flask) is that it irreversibly changes the shape of the flask and renders it inaccurate for measuring purposes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.