Cheney insists rectal feeding was for medical reasons, not torture

Death. I mean look at how he juxtaposed the concept of what the US does, ie not torture, to what the terrorists did, killing an innocent citizen. For Cheney and a lot of guys like him “torture” is justifiable and fine right up until the point someone dies, and even then they were the bad guys so who cares.

3 Likes

I live for the day when these people… have to make the excuse that they can’t be transported to a place where they can be prosecuted for their crimes because of ill health.

1 Like

Funny. In my ten years as a floor nurse I had lots of patients that required feeding tubes. Never once did I stick that feeding tube in their butt. I dare say, sticking a feeding tube into a patients butt would have gotten me fired, and brought before the state review board.

2 Likes

Say guys, remember that time he SHOT A GUY IN THE FACE.

Pure anecdote, but I have done a 5 day fast a few times now.

I can say that, for me, day 2 and 3 are very tough. But by day 5, I resumed eating again mostly because I knew I needed to.

1 Like

What about asking him to explain why protein hydrolyzate, simple sugars and vitamins and minerals, small molecules that could have some chance to be absorbed in that part of the intestine, weren’t used instead of bulk non-predigested food material?

Or is Dick’s mighty US-of-A so incompetent that they can screw up even an obsolete, superseded-for-decades, simple procedure? And so technologically backward to not use a more modern approach?

These questions are another avenue to weaken his claims.

1 Like

The U.S. is a signatory to the United Nations Convention Against Torture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Torture)

I suggest the revised headline: War criminal insists his war crimes are not war crimes.

Worth noting that the current Chief Executive agrees and has worked tirelessly to suppress all national and international investigations into the war crimes of his predecessors. Thus, President Obama is an accessory to international war crimes. If the United States actually followed the rule of law, Obama would be impeached and put on trial alongside his predecessors.

5 Likes

Bears repeating:

1 Like

When he says, “We were very careful to stay short of torture…” then where, exactly, does that line begin, Mr. Cheney?

If we did it, no matter what it was, it’s not torture. If they did it, no matter what it was, it was torture.

Basic neocon ethics: the evil or lack thereof is always in the person, not the act. You can see the same thing playing out in the Reagan Administration, where dealing in drugs and gunrunning – even to supposed enemies – is good if the right people do it.

2 Likes

If the United States actually followed the rule of law, Obama would be impeached and put on trial alongside his predecessors.

There’s hope yet – a prosecutor under President Cruz may well bring charges against him, or perhaps shipped off to another signatory country.

If there were a just, omnipotent, omniscient, anthropomorphic, invisible-man-in-the-sky God…

…then Dick Cheney would fall and break his jaw, requiring it to be wired shut, and he would need to be rectally fed for a couple of months while his jaw healed.

2 Likes

I heard pineapples are good for that.

5 Likes

And not just some guy, a fucking FRIEND of his.

1 Like

We could have a quick whip round to fund it. Or a Kickstarter campaign … I’ll pledge. :grinning:

1 Like

who later apologised for being shot by him. LOL

2 Likes

Well… In Cheney’s case, rectal feeding would probably work just fine. That’s because the food would be in close proximity to his mouth, since he’s GOT HIS HEAD UP HIS ASS!!!

2 Likes

It’s quite simple:

The US doesn’t torture. Therefore, anything the US does is short of torture. And because they’ve stayed short of torture, this proves that the US doesn’t torture.

1 Like

4 Likes

I could have said: “It bares repeating.”

But that would have left the mental image of a naked Dick Cheney in your mind, and that would surely constitute torture according to international law.

4 Likes

Not true. Some of us would really like to go to work on him with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and a depantsing is always the first step.

2 Likes