Chernobyl pups find forever homes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/21/chernobyl-pups-find-forever-ho.html

5 Likes

That picture, as a thumbnail, looked like a dog with two heads. Probably not the the best photo for this article. Hope they find homes.

25 Likes

Who is cutting onions in here?

8 Likes

IKR?
I was so disappointed not to be able to adopt a two-headed doggo!
:sob:

12 Likes

Johnny Alpha approves. Any shelters trying to clear inventory of already-through-quarantine domestic strays are probably a trifle more puzzled by the optimality of this choice.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Two-headed dog that works in the Kremlin with Roky Erickson.

3 Likes

I don’t buy it. Feral dogs don’t usually just decide to be great family pets.

4 Likes

Two heads may be better than one - but can you afford to feed them both?
Still, a glow-in-the-dark K9 is a real conversation starter. Then after X dog years and shaggies final demise, you can have him stuffed and mounted on the mantlepiece - as a mains-free lamp.

3 Likes

But her emails

1 Like

I’m sure that photo was used intentionally because people assume dogs who live there will have mutated.The idea of a radioactive two-headed dog will lead to more clicks.

2 Likes

This has sci fi writing idea written all over it. Plus, Atomic Dog!

1 Like

Strontium Doggoes FTW!!
You’d have to name one Wulf, right? :grinning:

3 Likes

If a person has a two-headed dog, does that mean the owner would have to get two dog licenses?

4 Likes

2 Likes

“I’ll take ‘How Happy Am I?’ for $500!”

I’m thinking about the strange job of running around in Chernobyl to catch radioactive feral dogs and sell them to Americans. Great premise for a sci-fi book isn’t it ?

Ellison already did this in a boy and his dog. I need to reread that, it’s been decades.

I too saw two heads.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.