Chester Cheetah embraces furries spurned by Tony the Tiger

I think we all know what lion is Trump’s mascot

1 Like
10 Likes

To be fair, Trump’s very good at lyin’

10 Likes

As with pretty much anything to do with that campaign, I have lost the ability to distinguish parody here any more, so I’m just going to have to call “Poe’s Law” and assume this is a real thing.
At the very least, this being true would make the world more interesting, so I choose OK, why not. :-?

4 Likes

So his symbol is a giant pussy? That actually makes alot of sense if you think about it.

2 Likes

Does anyone else recall that Jani Leinonen art project from a few months ago?

This has nothing to do with furries but nonetheless is hella dark and disturbing. Like, seriously. It’s kind of surprising the videos haven’t been taken down already, but I guess they must be trying to avoid the Streisand Effect. Perhaps it’s part of what spurned someone to take action on this furry-stuff.
http://tonyisback.com/

3 Likes

Yeah and Joe Camel is offering blow jobs behind that bar downtown…

Man, Tony just hasn’t been the same since Thurl died, has he?

2 Likes

…Are you kinda glad Sonic only have an Official Facebook Page?

2 Likes

As an aside, why is it considered ok by the media to shame and make fun of furries?

A little while back when there was that furry con that had a chemical weapon attack, the news reports spent more time focusing on the attendees rather than the fact innocent people were injured by a terrorist attack.

One newscaster literally laughed about the story live on camera once she was told what a furry was. That was horrible.

I mean I’ll admit - furry culture isn’t really my thing but hey if that makes you happy, then that’s cool to me.

6 Likes

@sonic_hedgehog has been killing it for the past year or so.

Yep, Midwest Fur Fest, founded by quite a few of my friends, actually. The first commitment ceremony I conducted was at the end of MFF 1 - the couple is still together and were able to be legally married just a few years ago.

Anyway … I think furries are a popular target in the media because they are a relatively new fandom with a distinct visual appeal. By this point, people dressed up like klingons or whatever are old news, but fursuits? Oh, that’s a new freaky thing that hasn’t been done to death. The fact that the media can make some tenuous connection to children via animation (or My Little Pony fandom) and it’s just all the more juicy, isn’t it?

8 Likes

Ugh, not Chester! He’s like a shameful back-alley hookup.

What about Sugar Bear, Gansito, or the Nesquik Bunny?

2 Likes

OMG, Gansito.

I picked up one of those snack cakes about five years back; the discount supermarket across the street carries those and the other Bimbo Bakery cakes.

The Gansito looked like a chocolate-covered Twinkie with some cream and jam. Would could go wrong?

Long story short: I put the half I didn’t eat on the floor, and whistled for my dog. She picked it up, kind of rolled it around in her mouth, dropped it, and gave me a dirty look.

3 Likes

Disney’s legal department will be in touch about this Gansito of yours.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, when Hostess went bankrupt, my local store started carrying Bimbo snacks instead, and I thought Gansitos were pretty awesome.

Pinguinos aren’t too bad (they’re chocolate cupcakes.) They’re not the best either, but they’re not bad.

(Edit: added pic.)

Pretty much and speaking as a fur here (since 1996!) I can say furry still gets negativity from the media. I usually go to anthrocon (going this year too!) and there’s plenty of fursuits there though almost all of them are unique – most furs don’t “have” a coprorate character as a fursona. Though a lot of furs don’t fursuit some are just artists or musicians or storywriters.

The mass media always wants to try to portray furry as being about sex though. :frowning: . Isn’t it intresting when a news reporter or media interviewer will keep on trying to say “it’s about sex isn’t it” continually over and over again being very insistant and I just think well … isn’t this news reporter rather over-obsessed about sex?

And my fur? A sloth. :slight_smile:

ljones

9 Likes

For the full-on experience, tear the pinguino in half, horizontally, just below the end of the exterior chocolate icing, just to get some of the nasty cake and most of the icing, and get to eatin’. The rest of the cake can then be used as a hurled weapon. Then, see your heart doctor for regular checkups.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.