Chicago bar installs 70 singing Big Mouth Billy Bass

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/chicago-bar-installs-70-singin.html

4 Likes

z66

Truly a wonderful thing.

As an aside, it seems kind of dumb to hike up the price of Billy Bass based on the mass purchase of a single customer as it indicates nothing about what the rest of the market values them at and will ultimately cost the sellers opportunities to make sales and thus revenue. If it was raised algorithmically, the sellers would be wise to correct for the anomaly.

7 Likes

When you want something, make it happen!

Dang, I’ve been saying that for years.

5 Likes

I know which bar in Chicago I am NOT going to.

6 Likes

It took me 13 times re-reading the headline to realize it was seventy bass…not a 70’s singing Big Mouth Billy Bass.

7 Likes

If you watch the video, it’s actually both.

7 Likes

Calling @chgoliz. We request a personal report if possible.

8 Likes

I could only go there after I’ve been drinking.

5 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of acid or 'shrooms…

5 Likes

Well that would be the only way you could get me to play on the large shuffleboard area.

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

6 Likes

It seems like it would have to be in a suburb, but it’s in trendy Bucktown, near the 606. Looks like they took over an abandoned light-industry factory building. I am a bit speechless at this. How are they going to make enough profit to stay open? It’s a weird match-up between location and activity.

But if you and/or the missus come to town, I’m happy to treat you to an evening there, just for kicks!

5 Likes

For the love of God, why?

2 Likes

Why not? I mean it is actually more amusing than putting Alexa in one.

4 Likes

I have never had a reason to go to Chicago. That changed today.

1 Like

Dude… The Art Institute alone is worth the visit.

1 Like

What the bar manager is forced to do when the bar owner’s idiot son who stacks the liquor crates, shows up with the great deal he got on 70 singing Big Mouth Billy Bass.

Perhaps, but there are many excellent art museums all over the country, including in my hometown of Houston. But there’s only one city with a collection of 75 networked Billy Basses.

2 Likes

I don’t remember shuffleboard being a big thing in Bucktown when I was growing up.

This reminds me of the recent Mentos videos in the Odd Stuff thread.

It looked like the shuffleboard surface was made of ice. Looks like fun.

1 Like