Chicago family builds 'Stranger Things' Halloween decoration that is truly spectacular (video)

Originally published at: Chicago family builds 'Stranger Things' Halloween decoration that is truly spectacular (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

“String, or nothing!” shrieked Gollum, which was not quite fair—working in two guesses at once

a reverse angle view across from that high house gable might be instructive, mayhaps a tall tree?

cool effect no matter how.

3 Likes

perhaps i’m just too old to “get it” but these posts into “tiktok” pages seem to just link to a page filled with a dozen or more things in them. the link does not GO to the thing the story talks about, and glancing at the dozen or so pictures doesn’t make it obvious to me which one i’m meant to see.

why can’t you link directly to the thing the story is about? apologies ahead of time if this is just obvious to everyone else in here :frowning:

2 Likes

Do you have an ad blocker running? It screws up Boing Boing’s TikTok embeds for sure.

Amazing work!

I’m going to go with helium filled aluminum “clothing” tied down with monofilament fishing line.

1 Like

However they did it, that’s dope a/f.

You have to go to the front page article itself to see Tik Tok vids if you are running ad blockers.

1 Like

Pedantic point: they’re not a Chicago family. Plainfield is near Joliet, so quite a ways away from Chicago.

But yeah, I’d love to know how they did that!

Look closely at 1:57 in this video.

4 Likes

Update:

1 Like

Good eye!

2 Likes

Some people just gotta be fucking kill joys…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.