Chick-Fil-A and Panera Bread abandon pledges not to use antibiotic-raised chicken

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/25/chick-fil-a-and-panera-bread-abandon-pledges-not-to-use-antibiotic-raised-chicken.html

3 Likes

Good thing I will never eat there anyway.

17 Likes

Sadly, most people seem to think it’s the greatest fast food restaurant ever, judging by the line of cars I see every time I drive by. I last ate at one probably 15 years ago. I thought the food was ok. I don’t understand why people think it’s so great.

5 Likes

I guess maybe because it tastes a tiny step above the usually fast food burger fare, especially when they started to expand (though there are better fast food options out there now)… plus, some eat there for ideological reasons…

6 Likes

It’s the place Christian Nationalists like to eat.

6 Likes

Well, now that Cracker Barrel has been violating the sacred pact by offering meat alternatives to those that want that option. Those dastardly fiends.

Although I thought they’d given up on Chick-Fil-A too since it was revealed the have a DEI officer.

5 Likes

Like I said…

2 Likes

Pardon me, please

2 Likes

There have been multiple waves of avian flu decimating the American poultry industry over the last two years. That’s why egg prices have been fluctuating so much. Keeping the flocks alive at this point probably requires some antibiotics and antibiotic free birds are very hard to find, thus too expensive for operators like CFA and Panera.

1 Like

Except antibiotics don’t do anything against the flu

3 Likes

Details, details….
I suspect chicken farmers are feeling that they are being proactive. Plenty of human parents will try to get antibiotics for their kids when the kids have a virus.
See also prices of antibiotic free chickens vs “regular” chickens.

3 Likes

I personally like when they say “my pleasure” after they help you. It makes me feel important and special.

/s

No, no I don’t. It seems creepy.

1 Like

Canada: all chicken is raised without antibiotics by law. (Murica eats it’s young) Yet still one Corp on tv claiming their dead birds are special because raised without.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.