Chick-fil-A slightly less homophobic now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/752203.html

5 Likes

In other words, that new Popeye’s sandwich literally scared the bejeezus out of them … at least a little.

41 Likes

As a gay man I feel Chick-Fil-A can fuck off.

51 Likes

I’ve never had one of their “bigot burgers”, as a friend likes to call them. Probably never will.

Fortunately, the mental list of Taliban-sponsored businesses I avoid is still manageably short.

8 Likes

Can anybody explain the cult like following of Chick-fil-A? I mean camping out for restaurant openings seems a bit extreme for a fried chicken joint. I don’t get it.

It’s just chicken.

11 Likes

Psst… it’s tribal.
“This here is MY peoples sandwich,
YOU people get your sandwiches somewhere else!”

16 Likes

It’s good to know this, I would likely not have learned it anywhere else.

But I’ll believe it when I see it :smirk:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s simple, some people think with their stomach, and others with their brain, and I vote with my feet in the other direction of these shameless chicken shit bigots.

16 Likes

I can’t understand camping out to eat there nor do I understand the fuss over Popeye’s chicken sandwich. I will say that the one time I ate at a Chick-Fil-A, the restaurant was impeccably clean and the workers were the most attentive and friendliest fast food workers I’ve ever encountered. The food was good too, but a little more expensive than other fast food joints.

6 Likes

It’s also about twice as good.

4 Likes

It’s definitely got some good fast food offering by comparison, but the only reason the local ones have a line of cars to get lunch there is because of Christianity.

13 Likes

Tangentially there is Mississippi John Hurt’s recipe.

2 Likes

Very much this. Choosing CFA has become a lifestyle choice for the self-righeous and a literal form of prayer. Like buying Christian music, buying a Christian chicken sandwich is “keeping things close to god” for some people.

12 Likes

I am thinking that the day after eating Jesus chicken is keeping one closer to a toilet or Satan.

3 Likes

It’s not about the food. They have a well-earned reputation for treating their employees well and providing jobs to those in need. A Chick-fil-a restaurant is usually a key donor for local non profits where they operate. That is where alot of the loyalty comes from.

On the other hand they are mindless followers of a bigoted death cult.

The two things occur together without offsetting each other.

10 Likes

An article with a slightly bigger picture of how the owners have been claiming to divest from such orgs:

6 Likes

You could compromise and just go there on Sundays :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I’ll still avoid them, tyvm.

2 Likes

You mean the one that’s at the corner of walk and don’t walk?

1 Like

well, as someone who’s tried many many chicken sandwiches, it’s among the top tier in fast food. “It’s just chicken” is pretty dismissive of food. There’s a difference in burger quality from your local McD, to your favorite bar that cooks their burgers with some garlic magic in them, and to say “it’s just burgers” completely ignores the idea that something can be objectively and subjectively better than something else.

I consider my occasional sandwich there to be on par with still listening to the Beatles, even though John Lennon was a dick.

Also, If some gay folks wanna open up a chicken shack and the sandwiches are terrible, I doubt the line will be around the block. CF make decent fast food, in spite of their inconsistent ideology, but I don’t go there to go to church.