Chick-fil-A slightly less homophobic now

Yeah… that’s a pretty broad term.

13 Likes

Wake me when they stop giving to Focus on the Family.

16 Likes

I don’t care if they were shat out by Jesus himself. Eating there is tantamount to giving to a legitimately evil charitable organization. Do not do it.

Or hey! How about not giving a restaurant money that actively works against gay rights? Crazy idea I know

22 Likes

I used to like their kabobs but haven’t been there this century. Hopefully Popeyes won’t go the Shariah route too.

2 Likes

tumblr_m9qifmFgHT1qzvl4eo1_500

14 Likes

So, you are ok with the “occasional” dissing of gay people? Because that is what you are doing there.

Even if the best mthrfking burger on the planet earth was found at Restaurant Steven Miller, I sure as fk wouldn’t eat it.

18 Likes

Good news! I’ll be trying the Popeye’s sandwich next, if it’s better, I’ll have little reason to return to CF. I haven’t checked into their corporate morality, though.

Also, this all may become moot as I transition to eating less meat in general, which will have the great benefit of not giving money to an entire industry based on actively working against animal rights, human rights, climate change, labor unions, immigration reform, and every other fucking human greed disaster!

Crazy idea I know

1 Like

I checked, my dollar only goes to the murder of chickens and paying painfully awkward teens to be polite.

I’ll put it this way.

Let’s say there’s a burger chain that has a multi-decade history of actively supporting anti-semitic groups, like, organizations working to eliminate protections and laws that help Jewish people. And when they get caught, they keep pretending to stop doing it, but in fact, only keep finding ways to move their money around and put it into nonprofit charities to hide their donations. And Jewish people get really upset about this while anti-semitic people post pictures of themselves eating the burgers and saying MMM LOVE MY BURGER, WINK! And this goes on for year after year.

So when people make flippant comments about how they love to eat those burgers once in awhile because they’re sooooo good, it’s understandable that some people might find it kind of irritating.

17 Likes

Yeah, someone should point out that the Salvation Army could also be considered a charity for the homeless.

2 Likes

Oh sure, they donate to charities alright. But still largely Christian right-wing ones.
Not sure if you can read the name of their biggest political recipient, but that name is the infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

15 Likes

They can fuck off for this straight man, too

16 Likes

I was raised with media heavy on FotF, and I 100% believe that the charismatic evangelical message of “you can’t trust your own mind to make desicions because you are fundamentally evil” really fucked me up.

10 Likes

Sorry but that doesn’t really mean that they are pro-LGBT. I have no interest in patronizing a place that is actively against equality. Just because they are not giving money to two charities doesnt make them better. That said i don’t want to be negative about this news, any progress is good progress but i won’t hold my breath until i see something more substantial. But as others have said, i still don’t think i will ever eat there regardless of what they do so take that as you will.

Edit: And for those that like to separate the owner’s ideologies and the business… that’s very selective reasoning considering that the money you’re spending on them is going towards opposition of other people’s rights. But sure, eat your chicken sandwich and tell yourself what you’re doing is just business.

12 Likes

I go to the Raising Caine’s Chicken Fingers that is diagonally across the street.

On Sundays :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

It should; Popeye’s is way better than any sandwich I ever had at Chik-fil-A, back when I still ate there…

They brine their meat in pickle juice before frying; as for the cult mentality, I cant even tell you why…

10 Likes

I get it, I really do.

I also know that every corporation that I do business with is over some moral line. Amazon, Disney, Unilever, Nestle, Walmart, Koch, and the shitton of companies they own, etc etc all do things I have huge issues with, and many others.

At the end of the day, I try and spend less money with all of them, and voice my displeasure. I’m not going to live like a incommunicado hermit to deny Comcast my 5 dollars, not going to drive 35 minutes extra to not shop at Walmart, and not going to make my life appreciably harder to prove I have a moral opposition to how some random China made product factory treated somebody once. I shop locally, try and purchase from small business, and when I can’t, I try and minimize it.

Financially, to these companies, I am less than a rounding error. Vocally and politically, I’m more of a threat.

That being said, the sandwich is pretty good. I think Popeye’s will probably taste better, especially since it’s presumably seasoned with less homophobia.

3 Likes

So, sugar. It’s an addiction as well as a cult of hate.

4 Likes

Never ate there, never will due to their bigotry.

And I love a good chicken sandwich way more than I should but never more than my fellow human’s right to live and love.

14 Likes

Every? Every? Well, be careful. You know what they say about meeting jerks: If the first person you meet is a jerk, you’ve met a jerk. If everyone you meet…

10 Likes