Children are stupid. Be smart, and secure each room for a stupid person

Fair enough! I do agree that people need to think about the home environment for their children and elders.

2 Likes

I always find this concept fascinating.

3 Likes

That’s interesting! I’d never heard of it before, I don’t think… maybe I didn’t encounter it in a previous life! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s an interesting idea: We already know everything and learning is actually the act of stripping away false information.

3 Likes

I concur with that assertion on learning and I’d say growing up is the act of wrapping oneself in false information and beliefs.

1 Like

That is certainly the genesis of the majority of the nonsense in Platonic philosophy. I.e. Aristotle’s pronouncement that women have fewer teeth than men, the result of applying “pure reason” to the question.

1 Like

Wrapping or unwrapping?

That’s where the stupidity comes in…

It may depend on the person, the cynic in me would say that people become more obtuse the older they get

3 Likes

When I was a baby, my parents child proofed the low bedroom window by putting a chest of drawers in front of it. Obviously I still wanted to see out of the window, and the first my mum heard about it was when she got a call from the neighbours that I was right on the edge of the chest of drawers looking down through the open third floor window.

6 Likes

I suppose we have to separate the concepts of “aging” and “learning.” :grinning:

Sakes alive! Babies is gettin’ squished by dressers and y’all is arguin’ over words?!

3 Likes

I do like how the kid tries to work the problem: brother needs help, I can’t move the dresser, I need to talk to Mom – the monitor is unplugged – try to replug in the monitor, but not sure how it works – pack to pushing the drawer around.

Hard to watch, but the kid was crying and if he’s crying, he’s breathing.

6 Likes

Come on. You didn’t join BoingBoing yesterday. It’s what we do. :grinning:

The word I want to argue about is “miraculously”. That’s an insult to young Bowdy, who shows himself to be smart, resourceful, and cool in a crisis. He appears to try to call for help on the baby monitor, then tries various ways of moving the dresser before he finally hits on the winning one. He neither panics nor gives up, and he doesn’t wait for the Holy Spirit to show up and lift the dresser.

Bowdy is the toddler I want around when the shit hits the fan. Well, not literally, which I feel I must add, knowing toddlers.

10 Likes

It’s awe inspiring! You can almost see the little neurons stitching lightning behind their eyes. I observe that, and then I look at Alexa and it’s endless cloud computing resources trying to understand Twinkle Twinkle, and I think yeah, we still got a while before the robot uprising.

2 Likes

Be careful not to mix dressers and hot tubs as well…

2 Likes

Isn’t the whole point of having twins to have a spare?

9 Likes

Or a control.

5 Likes

I’m not sure which of those kids is luckier to be alive.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.