Children not getting things quite right

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/23/children-not-getting-things-qu.html

2 Likes

They’re not failing, they’re learning what not to do. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Needs more SFX:

9 Likes

Jesus H. Christmas, the kid rolling over in the battery-powered vehicle is why you don’t put kids that young in one. AND without a helmet.

Parents of the year, right there.

4 Likes

Too much vertical video for me. I thought my phone was broken for a minute.

The Flash was genius. That kid’s gonna win an Oscar someday.

1 Like

Two things struck me while watching this. 1.) all parents laugh, snicker, try to not laugh, when the kids get hurt. 2.) kids are predisposed, when learning to ride a bike, to steer into fences, poles or the nearest solid objects.

2 Likes

What struck me was how little I laughed without Bob Saget’s hilarious narrations.

1 Like

It’s a well known scientific fact that small children are entropy amplifiers. Condoms and birth control really should be called negentropy devices.

4 Likes

“am I old”
“Yeah…and fat too.”

ok that right off the bat was funny.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the “Boobs!” kid got it right, though. He knows.

4 Likes

They have not yet learned to “Look where you want to go”, and they are looking at the obstacles, so…

4 Likes

The kid at 1:18 saying “don’t put it on Youtube, Mom.”

1 Like
1 Like

I never had any of those battery powered things and this video convinced me that neither will my son. Plain old bikes are dangerous enough.

3 Likes

I like to think of kids as very short drunk people.

I’m a teacher.

9 Likes

No, we laugh when our kids fall down. Falling down does not hurt a child, unless the parents panic and scare them. Laughing teaches your kid that a little bump or scrape isn’t the end of the world. But nobody laughs if the hurt is serious. Were there any injuries in this collection?

5 Likes

I feel the same. I’m a parent. :smiley:

3 Likes

The cluelessness of high-strung people freaking out small children and pets never ceases to irritate me. I know they don’t mean to traumatize them, but they’re little emotional antennas, not habituated adults.

5 Likes

Having raised three children and one grandchild, I’ve always had a little laugh when they fell as long as I saw they weren’t seriously hurt. It was interesting to see everyone else doing the same. I always felt a little guilty for laughing, or snickering, but I overcame it. Notice also, that none of them stopped filming…

3 Likes