Chimp, isolated on island for 3 years, hugs human visitor

[Read the post]

1 Like

Oh, baby… why do human beings have to be such destructive assholes.

12 Likes

Not when you consider his only source of food for quite a while has been a human. Or does Raballand not think of Germain as a human? Perhaps his trust was not immediate but took Germain time to earn.

3 Likes

–from The Changing Light at Sandover by James Merrill, page 19

5 Likes

sometimes i don’t blame the apes of the future for rising up and treating us like we did them.

13 Likes

Chews off visitor’s face would also have been an acceptable answer.

7 Likes

I was coming here to say exactly this. If his only source of food has been a human, then of course he trusts humans despite the mistreatment.

Also, while we know they were used for experiments, do we know conclusively they were mistreated during the captivity? Yes the captivity and experimentation itself can be deemed mistreatment, but that’s obviously not what I mean so don’t go there.

1 Like

You can read more about Germain and his caring devotion to Ponso here
https://www.thedodo.com/ponso-chimp-left-to-die-1563220792.html

edit to add: some of the abuse is mentioned in the article. These animals were mistreated.

6 Likes

Thank you for clarifying. Based on that link…yes, they absolutely were mistreated to begin with by the NYBC.

1 Like

The green beans part reminded me of Ron Swanson.

3 Likes

Wow!

We suck.

2 Likes

Oh, April. How I do love thy sarcastic, apathetic, self…

Penalty: Extreme doubletalk.

There’s no actual hug in the video

Sorry, no money back guarantee.

1 Like

Not sure why it’s so remarkable. Us humans find it quite easy to love our oppressors.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.