Christian influencer couple asks for prayers from global church to resurrect young daughter who died

Well our health care is expensive and our funerals are expensive. I don’t know if that is a uniquely American experience as well. But to give you an idea my daughter went to the ER and was in the hospital for 2 nights because she got dehydrated when she had the flu. It cost us $3000 out of pocket. That is after our insurance paid. I can’t imagine how much it would cost if this girl was on life support or something like that. Just maybe, I can only hope, someone close to them who has set up the go fund me might be thinking ahead for some mental health support for the parents and using the money for that. Mental Health services can get expensive here too.

1 Like

Not new, but rare. It’s happened before.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s probably uniquely American.

In Ontario, you’d pass them her OHIP card, done, except for the parking.

There’s no free lunch. That’s paid for by taxes, but the average portion of the taxes are probably less than your insurance. Plus, it’s universal, so that even people not paying taxes are covered. (“Oh no! The Undeserving can get sick for free!”)

It’s far from perfect. You would have been waiting in the ER for hours, until she could be transferred to the hospital proper. Prescriptions aren’t covered (yet), but usually cost less, which is why Trump wants to raid us.

I wonder if you get a badge for that?

1 Like

You’re right but also a little bit wrong here. Lazarus and other “resurrections” in the Bible are better classed as resuscitations – that is the person raised will die again as per the normal course of events. Jesus’s resurrection is radically different – it’s the beginning (“firstfruits”) of God’s universal makeover that will free creation from its “bondage to decay” (see 1Corinthians 15; Romans 8)

1 Like

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the additional info!

1 Like

Picts, or it didn’t happen.

5 Likes

mlp-fim-pinkie-pie-rimshot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.