Christian influencer couple asks for prayers from global church to resurrect young daughter who died

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/christian-influencer-couple-wa.html

1 Like

Excuse me… Why does God need $100,000?

star-trek-5

eta: I forgot about American “healthcare” costs.

71 Likes

Well this is sad on a whole bunch of levels. Merry Christmas everybody.

27 Likes

For the same reason that other pastors need multiple jets.

15 Likes

Republican Jesus says prayers aren’t free. They can however be bought in bulk for a 3% discount.

Death of a child is rough, I truly feel for the parents, but didn’t they see the Buffy episode where she was brought back to life?? Resurection is not all fun and games.

14 Likes

Something something prosperity gospel?

I donno, man, it’s sad all the way around, but my sympathy is diluted by the money ask.

13 Likes

Or pet cemetary?

15 Likes

Monkey’s Paw.

21 Likes

We’re asking for prayer.

If only that were the beginning and end of it.

12 Likes

Isn’t it also kind of against the rules that someone other than Jesus is resurrected?

I could be wrong and all but I sort of thought that was a singular distinction for Christ.

9 Likes

Oh jesus fucking christ.

5 Likes

And how did they know it was exactly $100,000, did they get a ransom note or phone call? Have they contacted the FBI?

13 Likes

Diluted? Mine is completely gone when you try a money grab like this.

3 Likes

Is this going to end with the purchase of a luxury car? Because I really hope not.

2 Likes

Hmm. Lazarus?

10 Likes

So, you’re saying this Christian couple wants to play God?

5 Likes

I’ve always wondered what happens to their “faith” when the miracle fails to occur? Do they renounce God? Or just enough mental gymnastics to still believe?

Cocaine may be a hell of a drug, but is has nothing on faith.

11 Likes

Jesus is credited for resurrecting both Lazarus and an unnamed girl (the daughter of Jairus), so I guess it’s not an inherently un-Christian idea in principle.

12 Likes

There’s always an excuse.

(Assuming that they’re true believers and not pure grifters.)

11 Likes

It’s very sad. And it also shows that even devout Christians don’t necessarily believe in heaven, not emotionally. If they did, there is no way they’d want to pull their baby from the utter eternal bliss their religion holds heaven to be.

21 Likes