Christian mom infuriated, tearful after hearing Hip Hop song, which she then recites in full (Update: remixes!)

You should really update this with Vince Staples response off his twitter. It was much better than I think people would have given him credit for.

10 Likes

[quote=“stinkinbadgers, post:19, topic:87017”]When The Commodore’s “Brick House” came on, I ended up getting quite a lecture. I had no idea.[/quote]I still don’t have any idea. I mean, she’s a brick… house?

12 Likes

Link? Would love to see that.

I`ll admit to not knowing who Vince Staples was until this post, but wow. His response to the video was awesome.

edit: He would have been completely justified in not defending her too.

20 Likes

Brick houses are “stacked.” I’ll just post the lyrics as it’s pretty self evident.

In fact, now that I think about it, this was my first encounter where "PC"ness intersected paths with conservative christian values.

Ow, she’s a brick house
She’s mighty-mighty, just lettin’ it all hang out
She’s a brick house
That lady’s stacked and that’s a fact
Ain’t holding nothing back

Ow, she’s a brick house
Well put-together, everybody knows
This is how the story goes

She knows she got everything
That a woman needs to get a man, yeah, yeah
How can she lose with the stuff she use
Thirty-six, twenty-four, thirty-six oh what a winning hand

‘Cause she’s a brick house
She’s mighty-mighty, just lettin’ it all hang out
She’s a brick house
Ow, that lady stacked and that’s a fact

Ow, she’s a brick house
Yeah, she’s the one, the only one, built like an amazon

The clothes she wears, her sexy ways
Make an old man wish for younger days, yeah, yeah
She knows she’s built and knows how to please
Sure enough to knock a strong man to his knees

‘Cause she’s a brick house
Yeah, she’s mighty mighty, just lettin’ it all hang out
She’s a brick house
The lady’s stacked and that’s a fact

Shake it down, shake it down now
etc. etc.

9 Likes

Radio’s not like it was when I was a kid either. When I was a kid this is the sort of thing that got played on the radio.

9 Likes

Had to look it up, but learned that “Shirley Hanna-King … she inspired to write lyrics for the riff, modifying the expression “built like a brick shithouse” for the song.”

4 Likes

Imagine being a 14 year-old preacher’s kid when J. Geils’ Band “Centerfold” was topping the charts.
You could sense mom was livid, but she calmly requested dad change the station.

She’s loosened up over the years, and I distinctly remember having an adult conversation with her about Blue is the Warmest Color.

17 Likes

Why can’t we go back to the good old days, before there was swearing or sex?

15 Likes

Pop music has often times had way more scandalous lyrics and themes than other genres, but the other genres raise the ire of angry and clueless parents because they’re afraid of “the other”. Sub-cultures, or other cultures altogether that they can’t quite grasp. A rock band might sing about depression or just having a good time and it might raise up a shit storm, but Britney Spears can sing about banging a guy all day and they’re a role model whose music is celebrated publicly.
It’s nothing new but it does annoy me when parents like this mom pull shit like that.

9 Likes

I don’t see where any of Brittany’s classic lyrics mention anything about abortion.

(i.e., it wasn’t really the mention of drugs, running from police, sex, etc. that made her so angry).

1 Like

Oh man, when the first few notes of that one came on I was literally leaping for the radio dial. Same with Only the Good Die Young a few years before.

2 Likes

Just go to his twitter. https://mobile.twitter.com/vincestaples . Response starts with “What I was saying…” not that far down

Kevin Ferguson

Yes! Why can’t we go back to the good old days when we had good, solid, wholesome songs? Like this family-friendly one-hit wonder that was on heavy rotation on my college radio station.

22 Likes

Do you mean before Solomon’s day?

Song of Songs Chapter 4 Verse 16

“Awake, O north wind, And come, wind of the south; Make my garden breathe out fragrance, Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden And eat its choice fruits!”

(971-931 B.C.)

22 Likes

Hey, she’s just trying to make America great again. Never give up. Never give up.

6 Likes

I’d just like to go on the record and say how unhappy I am about the idea of Britney Spears being ‘back in the day’.

35 Likes

Lol she’s “of my generation” even though typing that makes me want to throw myself off a bridge. Where did the time go?

7 Likes

And, indeed, of people with 11 year olds reminiscing about her.

It is still 1998, right?

6 Likes

This is how this song should have always sounded.

12 Likes