Christian mom infuriated, tearful after hearing Hip Hop song, which she then recites in full (Update: remixes!)

Yes. We have the talent but not the medium.

2 Likes

Pfft.

6 Likes

Samantha tells me she has to nip out to help an old man next door who has trouble using his stairlift. She goes in every night to put him on downstairs, and then pulls him off on the landing.

RIP Humph Lyttelton.

6 Likes

The difference between her flow and Staples’ is yet another profound demonstration of the racial divide in the U.S. right now.

5 Likes

She needs to get together with Adam Buxton.

7 Likes

19 Likes

Ha I thought I was the only one using that interface! And +1! It looks like a really easy fix too, just make that column a bit wider.

And for people who don’t know what we’re talking about, its far easier and more sensical in my opinion to read BoingBoing as a series of chronological articles, as opposed to some sort of magazine style melange. You can do that with this link:

It works great, but videos get their right side cut off.

1 Like

Of course you would. You’d also probably piss yourself if you passed him on the sidewalk.

1 Like

I don’t mind the column width; they just need to modify embed links so the video width is similarly scaled to match the column.

4 Likes

You can’t turn off the radio because the radio waves are inside you all the time. Can’t you hear them?

7 Likes

My uncle nearly went crazy telling his son not to play Turning Japanese but he couldn’t tell us why.

10 Likes

If it’s about the urban myth about masturbation, I think maybe that’s a misconception.

From various sources, but no citation:

In a VH1 True Spin special, they asked The Vapors about this song, and they explained that it is a love song about someone who lost their girlfriend and was going slowly crazy. Lead singer Dave Fenton said: “Turning Japanese is all the clichés about angst and youth and turning into something you didn’t expect to.”

3 Likes

http://boingboing.net/ascii

Is the one true way to read the main site!

2 Likes

My uncle certainly believed it. For his generation, where he lived, “Turning Japanese” was a common euphemism for masturbation.

6 Likes

How did that one get started? Do Japanese people masturbate a lot?

I see it as more anti Japanese racism from the 1940s-50s.

thanks lady… it’s been years since i was introduced to a rap artist i am willing to spend money on their art. it certainly doesn’t hurt that the beats are well above par.

1 Like

The suggestion was that people squint while they masturbate.

6 Likes

Meh. I guess.

No wonder nobody says that anymore

5 Likes