Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, RIP

Originally published at: Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, RIP | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Oh damn! She was the glue of Fleetwood. Such an incredible part of their sound. I can’t think of how many good memories have included McVie’s voice somewhere in the background.

The obvious show piece:

11 Likes

I have loved this song for a few decades now.

10 Likes

Some Fleetwood Mac fans aren’t even aware of her 1970 solo LP, pre-joining the Mac, it’s very well-regarded but wasn’t even originally released in the US until the late 70’s

12 Likes

And she could rock an accordion.

9 Likes

Likewise, few know her Mac work prior to Stevie and Lindsey joining. This one’s pretty spiffy and rather more energetic than the work she’s more known for:

10 Likes

I feel sad and a bit guilty. That Chevrolet commercial was playing nonstop a few days ago and I finally muttered, “Damn you, Christine McVie!” :worried:

7 Likes

This really sucks. I hope her family is doing OK in the circumstances.
My first exposure to her talent was on the 1970 Fleetwood Mac album Kiln House, also the first of their albums I bought. She drew the cover art, sang backing vocals and played piano and Wurlitzer.

7 Likes

This story really bumps up my appreciation of Christine McVie. She wrote the hit song, “You Make Loving Fun” praising her lover’s skill in bed and got her not quite yet ex-husband playing along night after night in concert.

5 Likes

RIP.

This is my fav solo song by her:

8 Likes

Here is a list of Fleetwood Mac songs she wrote…

9 Likes

The Stevie/Lindsey albums broke the band wide open, but do yourself a favor and check out the albums when Christine and Bob Welch were the main songwriters, like Bare Trees and Mystery to Me. She wrote a lot of great songs even before the hits era.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.