Chuck Tingle's Newest Opus Pokes Fun At People Who Are Mad About Bisexual Superman

Originally published at: Chuck Tingle's latest mocks those angry at bisexual Superman | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Shit. I’m going to need to write longer titles now, Chuck’s outdoing mine.

11 Likes

I can only dream of having the kind of writing output that Chuck Tingle has.

I mean, sure: you could make the quantity vs quality argument… but that title is just [chefs kiss]

10 Likes

:notes: I like to mingle with the likes of Chuck Tingle :musical_score:

5 Likes

It’s almost as long as an Isekai title.

3 Likes

I like the added touch of the cover art showing the bisexual T. Rex character as a triceratops

14 Likes

That’s cause it’ll “tri” anything!

I’m here all night, folks.

13 Likes

You must be thinking of his other erotic novel about the kissing chefs.

3 Likes

You must be thinking of Pounded in the Butt by the Maillard Reaction

8 Likes

Also check out Chuck Tingle’s podcast of select stories, Pounded In The Butt By My Own Podcast. It’s a creamy topping of Tingle for your ears.

4 Likes

I saw something on Fox about how “the left” were “sexualizing” superheroes because of bi Superman. As if decades of explicitly (sometimes very explicitly) heterosexual superheroes (never mind the pin-up heroines) weren’t “sexualizing” them. (Also: “the left”? Really?)

13 Likes

closing-the-door-close

6 Likes

10 Likes

Right win media think that the left are constantly in a state of change, either we are sexual anarchists or we are puritans. Sometimes that change happens mid sentence, because they don’t understand the meaning of consent.

We really are Schrodinger’s sexuality, you don’t know what we will be until you look.

Is The Borderer a puritan yet?
No.
Then shove her back in the closet and look again in an hour!

12 Likes

In this particular case, these people have probably already attacked “the left” as puritans for criticizing hyper-sexualized (and sexist) representations in comic books, yet now act as if sexuality were a new phenomenon introduced by “the left” (because, apparently, all non-heterosexual people are on “the left,” or only “the left” even acknowledges that non-heterosexual people exist?), conflating non-hetero sexuality with “sexualizing,” while also suddenly ignoring [gestures to all of comics]…

8 Likes

I think Diogenes said it: Fish don’t have a word for water.

5 Likes

So you’re saying we need bigots to spur on our creativity?

Yeah, culturally, being a white cis het male is still treated as the “default,” where one only has race, gender or sexual orientation by being… not that. But it’s super weird to see that attitude so explicitly stated with such a total lack of awareness, while also expressing the idea that the mere existence of a bi character “sexualizes” comics, but the entire history of hyper- sexualized representations doesn’t. It’s the combination of stupidity, lack of self-awareness and the “compartimentalization” of Fox arguments, where a small detail is used as a point of attack (but only by ignoring the context, their own previous positions and well, everything else).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.