Latest incarnation of boy wonder Robin officially bisexual

Originally published at: Latest incarnation of boy wonder Robin officially bisexual | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Cue the Awful Comic Books Guys and their laments about ruined childhoods.

Wisely dismissing them, though, this is wonderful. Representation matters.

14 Likes

So he’s now known as Robin the Bi Wonder?

37 Likes

Please do the same for Arthur from The Tick.

Thank you.

5 Likes

How is Tim Drake the latest incarnation of Robin? Haven’t there been like, three other Robins since him? Or is DC now pretending that those other Robins were just imaginary again?

1 Like

honestly, this is the only thing that makes sense. congratulations, Robin, and welcome to the community. <3

8 Likes

I feel like we’re seeing a whole bunch of bi characters lately (basing this solely on having recently watched She-Ra and The Owl House). I figured it’s because they’re probably the “safest” sexual minority for a big entertainment company (although that doesn’t go for She-Ra, that show is very gay), but I suppose it has the additional benefit of increasing your shipping options. It would at least be nice if this means that media companies have realised that there’s no point in pandering to the type of audience who’d oppose this sort of thing, because those people will always find something to complain about.

3 Likes

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

5 Likes

They did have that whole character arc where Dangerboat (a sentient AI-driven flying attack craft that identifies as a male boat) fell head over keel for Arthur.

14 Likes

ambiguously gay duo

14 Likes

So he’s into the ladies too huh? Bruce is going to be jealous

6 Likes

I was going to say something about the tweet at the end of the post, but it was taking a really dark turn, and fuck that.

Also, fuck Robin*.

* now available to 100% more people.

9 Likes

Man, the right seems so easily triggered; such a group of snowflakes. Of course, their desired safe space is a heavily defended enthno-state.

9 Likes

Fredric Wertham must be spinning in his grave right now.

4 Likes

He’s at best 3 out of 4. The current one being the animal loving Damian Al Gul-Wayne

3 Likes

I thought he was called Red Robin now? Or was that before a recent reboot?

3 Likes

When the IP holder realizes there’s a buck to be made from all of this…

3 Likes

It probably shouldn’t need to be said but the reason Batman/Robin slashfic is so messed up isn’t because it would be wrong for them to be gay, but that it would be wrong for Bruce Wayne to have a sexual relationship with his underage ward.

16 Likes

Did they think the guy wearing that costume was STRAIGHT?

1 Like

I liked how they handled it in the Lego Batman Movie where Robin was simply his adopted son. Takes a lot of the weirdness out of the situation.

7 Likes