Church-approved "non-meats" to eat during Lent: alligator, turtle, snake, capybara, beaver, muskrat, puffin

I got that bacon in today.

4 Likes

7 Likes

No hot dogs opening day because Good Friday, corned beef an St. Patrick’s Day which falls on a Friday during lent is okay.

“While we wish the Cleveland Guardians a very successful home opener on Friday, April 7, we cannot grant a dispensation to the practice of abstaining from meat for Catholics attending the baseball game on this most holy Friday of Lent,” Bishop Malesic said.

“After prayerful consideration, I am granting this dispensation from the obligation to abstain from meat, for those who feel it absolutely necessary to be dispensed in order to celebrate the Feast of St. Patrick,” Bishop Malesic said. “I ask that those who exercise this dispensation and eat meat on the Feast of St. Patrick to select another non-Friday day during Lent to abstain from eating meat or to make some offering on behalf of the poor, whether by prayer, fasting or almsgiving.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.