Clay mugs that look like old cardboard

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/17/clay-mugs-that-look-like-old-c.html

5 Likes

Back in my youth, we got our hands on a Polaroid camera. While the image was developing, you could use a popsicle stick on the back to moosh the colors around. Sometimes the results were hilarious, sometimes creepy and haunting.

7 Likes

We used to pee on them.

1 Like

…but that didn’t affect the colours at all. It was just really satisfying, for some reason…

7 Likes

No… peeing didn’t work. But we did use to torture the hell out of developing Polaroids back in art school. Some things worked, some didn’t.
Lucas Samaras did a lot of work in this area with a large format version.

2 Likes

Looks like something you’d find on my desk. I say that with pride too.

3 Likes

I have ceramic version of disposable paper coffee cups and they’re pretty cool, they look like the real thing but sadly they have no handles and they’re 8 oz which is not enough for me to get going in the morning.

Found it, it’s this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember seeing some ceramic Chinese food containers at a ceramics factory/store in Burlington, VT, ages ago (Burlington Pottery, I guess). But much more delicate than this:

I saw some ceramic likenesses of half-crushed styrofoam cups at the Euro store the other day. If my cupboard weren’t already overflowing with novelty cups, I probably would’ve bought one. Plus they also had the “no handle” issue

New Yorkers of a certain age will recognize these.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.