Cleveland's baseball team will be called the 'Guardians'

Heh! I also wonder if the Wahoo Club (supporters organization) will rebrand, or stop giving out their annual Tomahawk Award.

2 Likes

A great chant opportunity for the start of their games.
Fans put three soda bottles on one hand, start clinking them together and chant:

“Guardians, come out to play”
“Guardians, come out to play”
“Guardians, come out to play-ay-ay”

Then lose their minds cheering when their first player is introduced.

5 Likes

They could have been the Arachnidians!!

(Words that end in dian | Words ending in dian —Be sure to check out the list under “Crossword” there, it’s quite impressive.)

1 Like

We’re not allowed to play with bottles anymore. Bottlegate - Wikipedia

4 Likes

The name they chose sounds kinda lame though. Should have gone with something more solid sounding, like “The Cleveland Oaks”.

Or of course, “The Cleveland Steamers”. That was a missed opportunity.

3 Likes

Yeah. Great name. Terrible logo. Looks like a tween drew it.

But a winged baseball is better than one of the heads of the Guardian statues as a logo. It would have been a bit too on the nose to go from an Indian head to a stereotypical Greco-Roman white guy head replete with laurel wreath.

2 Likes

Cleveland already had a team called Guardians. I certainly hope they got PAID for their website.

https://www.facebook.com/clevelandguardians

Their logo was better and all.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m sure they’re receiving “Cease and Desist” letters from MLB right about now.

1 Like

8 Likes

Screenshot from 2021-07-24 09-50-44
Allow me to show my age

3 Likes

Art déco. Very nice.

1 Like

All Cleveland’s teams have dull names: Browns, Cavaliers, and now Guardians.

1 Like

@LemoUtan I Love That Movie! Makes for a great triple-feature with “The Tenth Victim” and “A Boy and His Dog”.

1 Like

The very vague roller derby buzz is that some money changed hands, especially given that it looks like their domain changed hands yesterday, but only time will tell.

3 Likes

A feel-good romp if ever there was one.

2 Likes

“Guardians”

Isn’t that a condom?

My first choice is is still “The Cleveland killers of white demons stealing our land”. I understand they didn’t use that because it wouldn’t fit on a hat they could sell

2 Likes

Of course he would @FGD135. So sad.

2 Likes

Why did they write that story? Who the fuck cares (other than his followers) what he says about anything anymore? Did the people at the Daily Beast actually secretly ENJOY his presidency and can’t let it go?

Honestly, unless it’s about the election, his attempt to overthrow the government, or his criminal organization, we should be ignoring him…

6 Likes