Clever non-lethal mousetrap made from soda bottle

Oh damnnn its the offendedness police. Why do you seek about being offended by people being offended? No one’s getting smarmy about her having a problem with overly gendered language, and it’s just as well. If you want to have a problem with overly gendered language, don’t let some self-deputized offendedness officer get you down with his oppressive desire to tell other people how to feel. Just do it.

21 Likes

Kill it?

2 Likes

More parts than the one I built from a bottle, a piece of cardboard, and some packing tape. I also have video proof of its efficacy:

Edited to add: Just realized you can’t see the full trap in the video. It’s based on this tutorial.

3 Likes

Nice attitude, thinking that other people can’t think of better solutions than you and that they’d be dicks for doing what you’d do.

I drive them to a nice field, far away from homes, under the watchful eyes of some friendly owls.

11 Likes

Well you see, that’s where the Arduino comes in, along with 27 custom 3d printed parts and the Mouse Disposal Quadcopter…

5 Likes

Screw the cap back on and throw it away.

So…“clever non- immediately lethal mousetrap”.

1 Like

It’s made of meat innit?

2 Likes

dude, you shouldn’t trap mice in the same jug you keep your weed nugs in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(what is in the bottom of the jug?)

4 Likes

Hire it as a consultant to your failing string business?

1 Like

What happened to the old cardboard-tube-balanced-over-a-bin trick? :slight_smile:

1 Like

At one point, the management where I work decided to put out glue traps. Now everybody in my particular office thinks that having the little buggers stuck in there until the either die of thirst or chew their own legs off is inhumane compared to a simple snap trap. As the token owner of a Y chromosome, it was my job to kill the mice that got caught in the traps.

Of course a mouse stuck in this trap would probably simply chew through the plastic before that became an issue.

2 Likes

The real trick is magnetizing the mouse.

3 Likes

Use a beer bottle and you can get free beer.

8 Likes

Well, uh, found this mouse in a bottle of your beer, eh. Like, we was at a party, uh, a friend of ours–a COP–had some, and he puked. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he’ll press charges.

2 Likes

Hah. It was some kind of granola cereal with raisins, I think.

1 Like

If it didn’t have “raisins” before the mouse got in there, it certainly does now…

4 Likes

Needs a little couch and a TV so he’s got something to do before you release him back outside
the house where the cat can find him.

1 Like

A mouse that can’t find food or water?

Time to brew some tiny mouse beers and build a tiny mouse remote control.

Maybe @nemomen would have the appropriate supplies…

3 Likes