Cliff Roth's OG viral video: The Reagans Speak Out on Drugs

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/10/cliff-roths-og-viral-video.html

2 Likes

The joke is that these same techniques were used in most/all TV interviews, ostensibly to save time. It’s trivially easy to twist the message that way, though.

Of course now with Fox News / Breitbart it doesn’t even matter what people say.

6 Likes
16 Likes

Or - if that’s their deeper message - should I believe it uncritically?

2 Likes

Editing aside, I’ve always sided with Lee Marvin. Reagan always was kind of a tool.

3 Likes

You don’t have to tell me twice…YES!

2 Likes
3 Likes

His concern-troll face was sometimes at nearly Ted Cruz levels of smarmy git-itude.

4 Likes

Heard this sampled on Black Grape’s 1997 single “Get Higher”, never knew where it came from until now.

1 Like

I wonder what it feels like to have self-righteously endorsed policy that is responsible for killing millions of people, sometimes in the most bestial ways imaginable. I would guess you probably don’t think about it too much.

2 Likes

Is this the trailer for season two of Man in the high castle?

2 Likes

Reagan Speaks for Himself

1 Like

Damnit, beat me to it! I had this recorded off the radio back in high school and could never find out who/what it was until doing some new digging a few minutes ago, only to find out you did the work for me… :wink:

It originally appeared as a flexidisc in RAW Magazine. RAW Magazine being one of the few things that made the 1980s tolerable.

Just clamp the stamp!

1 Like

I’ll get to that right after I finish drinking this can of poison meat.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.