Ronald and Nancy Reagan share their enthusiasm for drugs and alcohol (video)

Originally published at: Ronald and Nancy Reagan share their enthusiasm for drugs and alcohol (video) | Boing Boing

12 Likes

14 Likes

Oh wow, culture jamming!

I used to like that magazine, Adbusters.

Music Video 90S GIF

18 Likes
4 Likes

Re: Noble intent

Especially when you had Jack Valenti on your side. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Ronnie and Nancy are reported to have smoked weed with big donor Alfred Bloomingdale at a party when he ran for governor.

7 Likes

That was a wonderful thing, and the funniest thing I’ve seen all week, thank you.

4 Likes

We all know how keen Reagan was on drugs. He was especially keen on smuggling large quantities of them into the US in order to fund right-wing death squads.

16 Likes
8 Likes

It’s easy to forget that Reagan was widely seen as an unqualified clown when he was elected to office. It was largely a deserved perception, in my opinion… but in retrospect boy howdy did Ron & Nancy seem well-spoken and charismatic on TV compared to the most recent Republican occupants of the White House.

15 Likes

George Bush Dancing GIF

The lady standing next to him laughing is pretty great…

10 Likes

It warms the cockles of my heart to know that Lee Marvin and Clu Gulager routinely made sure Reagan did not have a fun time filming The Killers.

3 Likes

On the other hand, if Ronald Reagan had enjoyed himself more perhaps he wouldn’t have retired from acting to enter politics.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.