Clips from Dish Network's "Pirate TV" scold channel (c.2008)

[Read the post]

1 Like

AVAST, YE LUBBERS! 'TIS THE PIRATE SATELLITE, PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!

KILL THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST! THEY’RE EASIER!

Hmm for some reason BBS says - and I quote - my “body is invalid”.

My body is just fine! Stop body shaming, BB!!!

4 Likes

Caps lock is cruise control for Disqus hates you.

But he did it first!

#NEC - NEW ELECTRONIC COUNTERMEASURES 

1 Like

and sub-titled

6 Likes

because all-caps.

just insert   after it to get your required 6 “valid” characters. it’s code for a blank space and won’t show up.

2 Likes

Aw, you could have told him without telling the rest of the world. Now the devs will have to “fix” it.

@Mister44, your mother wants to know if you would jump off a cliff just because all the other Satellite Pirates are doing it?

Edit: my first use of “scare quotes” ever. Because I meant “fix” as in fixing your dog.

1 Like

the devs are well aware. note the thread is over a year old, and scroll down to the last post.

2 Likes

Depends. Would it make me cooler?

2 Likes

Works for me!

if cool your pants peeing is, Miles Davis consider Yoda.

This is Bigtime Television.
Hour after hour…
Day after day!
MAKING TOMORROW SEEM LIKE YESTERDAY!!!

1 Like

I actually received this channel before :stuck_out_tongue:. The funny thing is, viewing this channel did not mean you were a “satellite pirate”. Anybody who had a circular polarity LNB on an FTA receiver could pick up this channel, unecrypted, free of charge and perfectly legal. Wasn’t worth viewing, but it could be done :stuck_out_tongue:

At the time, dish network had some FTE (fail to encrypt) channels during/after their smartcard swap in 2008 that I personally use to view and not with illegally modified equipment. ION channel. Nasa channel. Their interactive channel for some time, I even watched Dish101 when they had their country concerts on it in the evening when it was on :stuck_out_tongue:

So no dish network… I’m not a satellite pirate… and I even watched this channel when it was originally on their satellite :stuck_out_tongue:

These days there are no longer any free channels on dish networks birds though that I’m aware of… although I haven’t done much with my FTA equipment lately anyway. Most of the good stuff to get on FTA now is on c-band anyway which I unfortunately do not have.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.