Clips from the surreal circus outside Trump's arraignment (video)

Originally published at: Clips from the surreal circus outside Trump's arraignment (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

This clip sums up my feelings: https://twitter.com/grantstern/status/1643480623829381120

Looks like the skateboard was on purpose: https://twitter.com/thomas__barker/status/1643421287833047040?

4 Likes

There is video of this guy, who apparently stayed up all night sewing this outfit for yesterday’s circus.

Which is impressive, good to know some people still have basic skills like sewing.

I just wonder if it was short-pant overalls because he ran out of flag material, or was that a deliberate design choice.

10 Likes

He’s just using disguise in an effort to get Turnip to hug him.

3 Likes

eww! gross!
the socks are a nice touch… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Deliberate. How else would you get to see his socks?

9 Likes

Sneakers too, which I didn’t notice initially.

Now, as for what kind of underwear he’s got on. . . I’m gonna guess “tighty whities.”

6 Likes

The day of, this was a fun page to follow (as well as their twitter feed)

3 Likes

That’s a photo that screams “you’ll never escape my trap Caped Crusader, for I am American Exceptionalism!!”

7 Likes

Wrong. That is his underwear.

4 Likes

o_O brain bleach, pls.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m getting what you mean.

2 Likes

Nope, Chinese-made product available on Amazon. Even the professional model on the product page can’t make that shit look good.

3 Likes

Sometimes I think it would be fun to go off on someone like that about all the violations of the US Flag Code (which is an amusing culty read if anybody hasn’t).

Then the feeling passes and I remember I have better things to do.

5 Likes

What have we come to when the Republicans can’t even drum up a halfway decent insurrection anymore?

Sad.

2 Likes

Seriously, if he had sewn it himself, I would hope he’d have given the garment better drape.

2 Likes

A lot of it just reads like the kind of brand style guide that any corporation or large organization would have for best practices in logo treatment, etc.

But it’s undeniable that the freaks who claim to love the flag the most are some of the worst violators of those (non-binding) standards.

6 Likes

Republicans used to be so against defacing the US flag they wanted to make it a crime.

5 Likes

Wow. I shoulda known. He told interviewers “if you don’t have an American flag overalls, you don’t support President Trump.” He said he had spent all night sewing them.

Liars all the way down.

3 Likes

The guy does have a point; nothing is more on-brand for Trumpers than buying tacky apparel manufactured in China and then telling a bunch of easily refuted lies about it.

4 Likes