CNN fired 3 employees who went into the office unvaccinated

Originally published at: CNN fired 3 employees who went into the office unvaccinated | Boing Boing

5 Likes

26 Likes

We’re really taking about freedom here: you are free to choose to be unvaccinated and unemployed.

As these terminations were for cause, does that make the wait for unemployment insurance longer?

2 Likes

Forest Gump GIF by memecandy

7 Likes

makes way for vaccinated people in need of jobs. sounds like a win to me.

[EDIT]: more of this everywhere, please.

11 Likes

In some States, being fired for cause would make you ineligable for u.i. & it may be a long time until your appeal is heard.

8 Likes

If it’s for cause, in a lot of states they’re just not eligible for UI benefits at all.

It’s happened in the past to me. Working for a staffing agency, they say “client doesn’t want to work with you, we’re terming your employment” okay thanks for nothing, go onto WA employment security.

Go through UI enrollment. The site says the employer claims I was fired for cause.

At that point I was informed I am not entitled to benefits unless I appeal.

So I did.

And the staffing company didn’t even respond to the state’s appeal thing, so the state found in my favor and I got my UI.

Of course it did start several weeks late, and I wasn’t paid for those prior weeks they took their time making the determination and going through appeals.

Stupid really.

At least the staffing agency was too lazy and stupid to fight me and defend their bogus claim to for cause firing.

9 Likes

wait it’s on the honor system? Like those candy displays?

2 Likes

I wonder how many Fox has fired for being unvaccinated?

Secretly they’re just as strict, but to keep that from their viewers, they’d have to have a secrecy clause in the termination with big teeth.

2 Likes

I am annoyed by the power that corporations have - to fire peope for behavior that has nothing to do with their job, for expressing opinions, or for no damn reason at all. But sometimes that power is important - in this case, firing people for risky behavior that threatens the health of every other employee. Bye bye.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.