CNN journalists complain of Gaza reportage bias

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/18/cnn-journalists-complain-gaza-reportage-bias.html

11 Likes

It’s not surprising, but it is disgusting.

15 Likes

It almost makes me miss the days of CNN’s notorious “both sides” approach to journalism. With this conflict, they’re just reporting one side.

14 Likes

Incredible - and revelatory - comment/username synergy here.

4 Likes

What Do You Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

7 Likes

If you like it, be sure to listen to the album of the same name on your favorite music service.

Or don’t, whatever. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

I don’t watch CNN much, but I have an overall impression that for many Western journalists, neutrality means staying close to the views of urban, liberal Israelis. They’re not Israeli hardliners, they’re not angry and frustrated Arabs so therefore they must occupy the perfect middle ground.

3 Likes

And no such thing exists here. The media needs to stop pretending like there is.

4 Likes

It’s very reminiscent of post-911 as well as CNN’s handling of the first gulf war, after which anchor Bernard Shaw admitted CNN had been “bamboozled” by the DOD and Bush administration.

3 Likes

It was obvious to anyone paying attention what would happen immediately after the monstrous Hamas attacks. It is obvious to anyone paying attention what will continue to happen. Fuck sakes, it was obvious to Hamas as well.

The only thing any of us can do is 1. bang our heads in frustration and 2. tell our elected leaders that this shit can’t be done with our support.

2 Likes

Progressive values?

:laughing:

:sob:

The Grauniad has been on the side of transgender eliminationism for nearly ten years now. Now they are about as progressive as Norman Tebbit.

1 Like

Wonder if Biden is still disbelieving the Gaza death totals, or if he thinks that the bombed out hospitals are actually just pretending to be bombed out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.