it’s a dildo. Of course it’s company policy never to, imply ownership in
the event of a dildo… always use the indefinite article a dildo,
never your dildo.

6 Likes

As Lucy Pawle denies she even reported it:

Lucy Pawle ‏@lucypawle · 5h5 hours ago
@Paddy0pedobom I reported no such thing

Rick McGuire ‏@RickMcGuire6 · 4h4 hours ago
@lucypawle @Paddy0pedobom Yeah you did and CNN even had and expert commenting. pic.twitter.com/Jv5incM9u2

https://twitter.com/lucypawle/status/614852983784886272

2 Likes

Gobbledygook FTW

1 Like

I take it that CNN somehow avoided picking up even a skeleton crew of people with rudimentary Arabic language skills, despite one or two newsworthy things occuring in that language during their history?

Even if you aren’t sufficiently versed in adult heraldry to recognize ‘dildos rampant sable’; it doesn’t look even slightly like the ISIS approved design, and they seem like the sort of outfit that is as humorless about that as they are about everything else.

12 Likes

I propose the opposite- every time CNN shows ISIS, they should point out that their flag is made up of dildos. Used by gays. ISIS seems pretty media aware, and being the homophobes they are it’d drive them nuts.

33 Likes

I think adult heraldry should very definitely be the next big thing in modern chivalry.

A shield bisected by anal beads, background pink and black, centralis a French tickler, upper half a Real Doll, lower half a fist covered with jellied petroleum, motto Pedicabo Ego vos et Irrumabo.

29 Likes

What a bunch of wankers

4 Likes

there is a really formal language for heraldry. Close enough!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I kind of pulled it from Feet of Clay, although I’m not sure Pterry would have approved of my bastardisation of it :wink:

2 Likes

After watching the video she reported exactly what she saw which was correct.

A flag in imitation of the ISIS flag, but with different symbols (which she did not recognize, but were clearly not arabic.)

The only thing she failed to do was realize the parody which, really she should have been able to do with in context of the parade.

*Edited to add, yes, this is sort of a nitpick, but I find very often Boing Boing’s headlines do not QUITE describe what is going on for maximum shock/outrage value.

12 Likes

looking at twitter, I pity her now. You make a dumb mistake in this world and the whole world thinks they deserve to get to kick you. I mean it WAS a dumb mistake… but still.

1 Like

Well said. She reported her feelings about the flag, too. That was… not journalism.

1 Like

isis flag

dildo flag

Yeah, I’d say that one is based on the other.

2 Likes

Then I guess we had better tell the police! Hopefully they can puzzle out its significance.

2 Likes

Now a bunch of right-wing sites are going to quote CNN as truth and their audience will believe this (even though they paint CNN as radical leftist).

1 Like

Why would ISIS take inspiration from a collection of sex toys?

7 Likes

know them by their limping, @p96, know them by their limping.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t they? I certainly find them inspiring!

3 Likes

I think she made it worse by denying it. If she’d admitted her little mistake she could have been excused. But she completely denied the verifiable fact that she reported on it. The mob hates blatant hypocrisy.

14 Likes

Oh, definitely based on; just not all that similar looking. In a slap to the face of bondage enthusiasts everywhere, the Arabic has way more typographic ligatures than the sex toy script does.

1 Like