CNN's Rick Santorum says "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here," then dismisses Native Americans

I didn’t think I’d be able to express my immediate feelings upon reading this and you have gone and done it.

4 Likes

Over the last 20 years professional wrestling has become the central model for news giants. It isn’t about ‘balanced’ perspective, it’s about Faces and Heels. When you think about the kind of fandom professional wrestling courts, it doesn’t give one much hope.

3 Likes

For those that don’t have access to a working anus I would recommend a straw for this bottom feeder to suck on… happy to throw my colostomy bag into the ‘ring’ for this turd to taste the vile shit that comes out of his mouth!!

1 Like

And some people think animated gifs have no place in online discourse!

10 Likes

Santorum: the frothy mess…

1 Like

Either insanely bold as a liar or so ignorant of even superficial levels of history as to appall.

As I understand it, the organization, laws and governance of the Five Nations in the north east had a significant effect on the forming of the Republic originally.

Had the horse and metal working been introduced to the indigenous peoples (and their own, localized practices of slavery been eliminated) and then they be left alone, it is intriguing to think how things might have gone and what sort of civilization would have grown out of that.

That’s usually because they personally do not excel at expressing themselves visually…

10 Likes

8 Likes

If I may ask an indulgence, this is the man (whom I have never met) who I consider my pastor, and look forward to his reflections and sermons. I wish more folks who consider themselves “Christians” thought like him.

5 Likes

Setting aside the obvious linguistic, sporting, and food stuff you’re still stuck with some really big influences on US culture. There is the widely discussed, but under documented influence of the Iroquois Confederation on the structure of the US. The legend of it sometimes goes further than the documentation, but there is some evidence that aspects of the basic structures of the US government were inspired by the Iroquois Confederation. Less discussed, in pop culture, but better documented is the influence on the early American feminist movement. Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Matilda Joslyn Gage both wrote on the influence. An article How Indigenous Women Inspired The Feminist Movement - BUST

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.