Cockygate defeated: judge finds "Cocky" trademark for romance titles unenforceable

Space Marine Cocky the Dragon Slayer and The Zombie Horde.

3 Likes

Space Marine™ Sergeant Cocky™ the Dragon Slayer™ pulled his VibroBlade™ from his Velcro™ holster as the Zombie Horde™ advanced mewling down the corridor.
“This is it chaps!” he yelled to his squadmates, “Sell your lives dearly!”
“Sergeant Cocky™, I’m afraid I have to ask you to cease and desist your copyright infringements immediately,” said the squads Senior LawyerBot™.
“No time for that now! There’s Zombies™ to kill!”
“I’m sorry sergeant, but those Zombies™ look suspiciously like those from 28 Days Later™, which are covered by the MoveFasterNow® (patent applied for) and you will have to retreat.”
“Are you sure? They look more like generic World War Zed™ zombies to me, for which we have a group wide engagement licence.”
“That’s projectile weapons only, Cocky™, as well you know. We are only licenced to use the VibroBlade™ for dairy based cracker spreading uses as defined under Part 2 of our Ethical Use Policy™.”
“Dang, I reckon Heinlein was right about the lawyers.”
“Sergeant Cocky™! I know that reference. That remark must be stricken from the records at once!”
“Too late for that now!”
“Brainzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz™!”

6 Likes

It’s a shame it was a civil case or else the judge could have passed a stiff sentence.

3 Likes

Still, it was a turgid rebuke.

3 Likes

Xerox™ that for me stat!

1 Like

… from a swell judge.

3 Likes

I’ve tweeted to Chuck Tingle. Highly encourage you guys to do the same :smiley:

2 Likes

That judge is long and strong.

2 Likes

… and in the end, quite well-rounded.

3 Likes

This article is wrong. There a 2 cases going on. Case A. The Judge said the mark was weak. Watson and Crescent have another go in front of the Judge in September.
Case B
Canceling of the Trademark has a court date next week.
#CockyGate is NOT over it is on going last court date isn’t until December 2019.
Please read the Crescent/Watson court transcript.

You’re saying the issue is still a boner contention?

3 Likes

It does seem like the plaintiff pulled a real boner.

EDIT: Gawdam ninja’ed!

Ahem: The plaintiff was being a real tool, a total unit. Man, what a member.

2 Likes

I wood have said that too, but I was semi detached (watching the football World Cup). Still, you’ve pricked me into surrendering - no more ejaculations from me today. G’night.

2 Likes

King missile? :wink:

1 Like

Is that someone who slays cocky dragons?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.