Colbert's Post-Pandemic Party Dos and Don'ts

Originally published at: Colbert's Post-Pandemic Party Dos and Don'ts | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Does this mean I have to wear pants again, or is there a grace period where PJ’S will remain okay?

15 Likes

I get the feeling that’s what they meant by, “Don’t act like you’re still on Zoom.” :wink: I’ve got to find the nice clothing I used to wear when going out, instead of the pandemic-friendly wear that could be tossed into the nearest incinerator if necessary. :grimacing:

7 Likes

The Dear Wife and I are sporting over-alls, it’s the one stop shop for being clothed, stylish, and the extra pockets are great for snack storage. Follow me for other fashion tips!

18 Likes

So I can be my normal awkward self and people will attribute it to being cooped up for the year? :+1:

13 Likes

Thankfully - in the northern hemisphere, at least - we’re heading into summer… which means you can ease yourself through the PJs->pants transition with a few months of swimwear or shorts!

4 Likes

Went to my first in-person social outing since February 2020 just last Sunday. Don’t sweat it, folks. It’s like falling off a bike. Or riding a log.

6 Likes

–Hope it still fits… There was a lot of closet shrinkage during isolation.

6 Likes

Funerals are a great way to ease back into social contact.

1. Ritualized greetings.
  2. Awkward small talk and long silences are accepted.
  3. No need to bring beer or a side dish.
  4. Much hug and heartfelt handshake practice.
  5. No one will think it is strange if you suddenly burst into tears.
5 Likes
3 Likes

So, painful and likely to result in open sores…?
Sounds about like how I remember it. :laughing:

3 Likes

Pjs as partywear was a thing with the college students around here well before the pandemic hit. I did a double take the first time I saw a young man wandering around Newbury Street in his Pjs.

1 Like

I fluv those two gentleman (Colbert and Batiste). :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: PJ’s are new dog-walking evening wear, and I ain’t going back.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.