College scandal fallout: Uncle Jesse to divorce Aunt Becky

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/02/college-scandal-fallout-uncle.html

4 Likes

with Aunt Becky gone who’s going to manage the kids’ educational goals.

9 Likes

The real question is, what will happen to her relationship with Cru Jones?

7 Likes

Considering the wholesome family-oriented themes Full House and Fuller House followed, Aunt Becky must have been into some serious shit to be divorced and lose custody, never to be seen again.

9 Likes

I’m not in that writer’s room, but here are some ideas:
Meth
Black-hat hacking the RNC
Going back to college (at Arizona State, eew!)

5 Likes

The article you’ve linked to has been updated - it was an April Fools joke

8 Likes

I updated my post too.

2 Likes

She is definitely off the show for the final season, though.

It’s interesting how stars get fired from shows as soon as allegations come out. No presumption of innocence at all. Which suggests to me that the showrunners know what the stars are up to all along, and only ditch them if the stars draw heat. Kevin Spacey, for instance. It turns out his behavior was a barely kept secret, but the execs were willing to live with it until it went public.

2 Likes

A tv studio is not a court of law, thank goodness, and no presumption of innocence is required. The entertainment industry only cares about the court of public opinion, as it were.

4 Likes

Story needs more Denver Pyle.

1 Like

Roseanne Barr’s character was killed via opioid overdose and she hadn’t even been charged with a crime. She was just a horrible human being.

10 Likes

I think Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein are different situations, though, because those weren’t so much secrets as it was that it wasn’t generally known by the public, and they weren’t axed until there was public outcry.

Of course, I’m willing to bet that this is a poorly kept Hollywood secret, too.

And like Neovision.vision says, an employer isn’t a court. A lot of us proles, right or wrong, have terms of employment that state that you can be let go if you do something which publicly embarrasses the company. Or, for a lot of us, you can be fired for no reason at all and without explanation.

4 Likes

hungryjoe has a point though. Roseanne was tweeting racist and terrible stuff before they did the Roseanne reboot. It wasn’t until she tweeted new racist and terrible stuff that the public reacted to that and she was kicked off the show.

2 Likes

Human trafficking ring
Undercover Extraterrestrial
Spousal abuse

1 Like

Amnesia
It Was All a Dream
Evil Twin

2 Likes

Good ol’ fashioned chronicide. (Turns out little Michelle was involved in top-secret time travel research the whole time!)

Should have seen it coming.

After 28 years of marriage, Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky will get divorced.

Some times things just go that way.

1 Like

Ohhh, I just finally realized what all the “Aunt Becky” references have been about, relative to the admissions scandal. I kept seeing them, but I had no idea it was about an actress who played a particular role on a tv show I’ve never seen. I thought it was some sort of convoluted reference to the popular slang use of “Becky,” which didn’t seem to quite work, nor could I figure out how the “aunt” part came in.

I’m weirdly relieved that I now understand this reference that I don’t care about.

7 Likes

This is what I have my fingers crossed for about most things since 2016. At some point, I’ll wake up from my coma and rejoin the sane world.

4 Likes