College street party in Boulder, Colorado turns into a riot

Except these aren’t “the peasants” or the modern day equivalent, it’s more like they are the children of the ruling class.

30 Likes

valid point

3 Likes

Not if they catch covid. If the survive they will suffer a lifetime of other health issues caused by having covid.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the odds of them dying are very small, but the odds of them killing those less fortunate than them who have to provide services to them in order to feed their children is very high.

16 Likes

The respiratory and heart issue they can wind up with will come sooner than later. There also seems to be a link to an increase of dementia after getting covid. I’m sure more health issues will be connected to it as the survivors are cared for.

4 Likes

Came here for that. Wasn’t disappointed

4 Likes

They fought for their right to party?
(Somewhere the Beastie Boys just facepalmed at my post)

9 Likes

Futurama used it too.

revolting

19 Likes

It’s probably a vaudeville joke that pre-dates Baum’s Wizard of Oz. The good ones never get stale.

9 Likes

Maybe we just need one big COVID jail for all the Typhoid Mar…er, COVID Kens and Karens who refuse to comply with community health mandates. Is Texas big enough?

11 Likes

As did Chicken Run.

0e8e7dae00ce48ab239347400d35288012f7e603

18 Likes

I live here, and have frequently passed by the area where this happened on my way to and from work. I’m not sure what freedoms they think they’ve had taken away- every time I go by, virtually everyone is wandering around maskless, laughing and shouting, and the frat houses are lit up with parties as though nothing is wrong. At night on Pearl Street, loud drunken groups of them can be heard wandering home from the bars. A few of the students are responsible, but the vast majority are spoiled, selfish, stupid brats with absolutely no regard for others. When there’s not a pandemic going on, they riot when they win a football game.

14 Likes

What happens when they lose a game?

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see the difference in charges. Same state, 40 miles, and worlds apart:

14 Likes

Oh my heavens! And where were the young Kyles, patrolling with their AKs to defend the property???

6 Likes

even without a riot, I don’t think these students ever gave a hoot about cleanup, so that thankless task will go to the non-white university staff.

6 Likes

This level of obedience from the young is depressing. The wingnut adults have a ‘revolt’ on Jan 6th and the kiddies have a mini one in March.

1 Like

These CU Boulder party/riots have been occurring for decades… I remember them happening, when I lived out there in the late 1990s. I don’t know what it is about that school…

6 Likes

Not enough oxygen.

14 Likes

Okay, speaking as a former Kansas resident…

tenor

12 Likes