College street party in Boulder, Colorado turns into a riot

Originally published at: College street party in Boulder, Colorado turns into a riot | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Farty Marty GIF by Martin Mandela Morrow

50 Likes

Yes, that is certainly a “no-go”, and not even close to “chill-o.”

I weep for the future.

BTW

“This is a culmination of kindred spirits,” a grandiloquent gentlman told a TV news crew.

Is granDelinquent a word? It should be.

23 Likes

Yes, they certainly are revolting.

39 Likes

When (if) this is all over, these people will still be among us, probably in management positions and wealthy neighborhoods.

22 Likes

Or writing our laws. I smell a strong “Young Republicans” representation in the crowd, frankly.

26 Likes

Christ, what a ring of assholes.

19 Likes

I’m originally from that region and this sort of unrest is usually a result of running out of craft beer.

17 Likes

Such rebels!

Now they should take off their shoes and shirts and march into shops demanding service!

12 Likes

“This is a culmination of kindred spirits,” a grandiloquent gentleman told a TV news crew.

I would hope that he gets the opportunity to meet some new “kindred spirits” in the city hoosegow, but as you say some less lofty-sounding whingeing to Mommy and Daddy means that bail will be posted quickly – assuming some sympathetic white judge doesn’t pre-empt things by refusing to ruin the “promising future of a bright young man” with a night behind bars.

20 Likes

How many of these people got beaten by police, were doused with pepper spray, suffered third-degree burns from tear gas canisters, or had internal organs ruptured by baton rounds?

… Oh. I wonder what’s different about this situation.

35 Likes

The guy at the :46 mark has the same altie haircut Ted Cruz had a few weeks ago

10 Likes

Arguing with a virus, smart.

12 Likes

Boulder is often compared to Ann Arbor. At this moment, I am relieved that these two towns aren’t that similar (Connor O’Neil’s notwithstanding). UM had the good sense to send all the dorm rats home at Thanksgiving. The only students in town are athletes and students with apartments (and even many of those kids were hauled home by their parents).

11 Likes

And the man in the back said, “Everyone attack”
And it turned into a Boulder Street blitz
And the girl in the corner said, “Boy I want to warn you”
It’ll turn into a Boulder Street blitz

6 Likes

Wypipo.

8 Likes

“…their right to party was was taken away from them”

SMH.

8 Likes

The peasants are revolting.

(I can’t remember where the quote came from).

5 Likes

Mel Brooks’s History of the World, Part I:

18 Likes

I just looked it up, too.
Got the Wizard of Id.
“The Peasants Are Revolting” “You Can Say That Again”
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/06/03/revolt/
I think that’s where I heard it first as a young 'un.

11 Likes