Colorado’s shame Lauren Boebert is mad that “Prince John” is "taxing us into poverty"

and government speeds adaptation by subsidizing the adoption of technologies that are viable, but only when employed at scale.

Musk is the result of the government doing innovation bass ackwards. I want my next vehicle to be electric, but I sure as hell don’t want to buy a Tesla.

3 Likes

My theory: After knowing about her " meet cute meat ugly" encounter with her future husband, she’s confusing Prince John with Prince Albert. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Actually no. There is evidence that she gave a strange and unauthorized tour to her family about 3 weeks prior but nothing has ever surfaced that she led any of the insurrectionists around prior to 1/6. There is a photo circulating showing her with white separatists in front of the state Capital building in Denver from 2019.

3 Likes

I used to lust over the Model S when it was first released, but then he just kept talking…

9 Likes

Does she want to explain how Prince John taxed the nobles because Good King Trump Richard bankrupted the country while he was away playing golf fighting wars in other countries.

Maybe also add a bit about how the Magna Carta was only for nobility, and didn’t do most of the shit Qanon types think it did (Neither did the Charter of the Forest, which actually did apply to us commoners).

11 Likes

The good news is real carmakers are stealing a march on Tesla with their own EV’s With their business infrastructure and economy of scale, don’t expect Tesla to last.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty excited about some of these. Young Master Peas and I saw the initial Rivian models at the NY Auto show just before the pandemic and they were pretty badass. Waaaay over my budget, but YM Peas is talented AF, so maybe he can buy me one someday.

4 Likes

Forgot something: Republican star Lauren Boebert spins fables about her childhood — but the real story is better

When Stan learned I was pregnant, he encouraged me to have an abortion and said that the child would be damaged because of the steroids he had taken.

Well, okay, maybe it wasn’t the steroids.

2 Likes

Sire, you have a very loud thumb.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with her getting pregnant and dropping out of school. I don’t have a problem with her getting a GED. I do have a problem with her getting her GED a month before her election primary. She wasn’t doing this to better her education, but rather to better her financial situation in the worst possible way - by going to Congress and getting paid to obstruct any legislative action.

It’s easy for her to go on talk shows and spouting off nonsense or travel around giving pointless speeches. It’s the sitting her ass down, reading bills, taking notes, discussing problems, and proposing possible solutions that is tedious and hard work. (It’s why we pay Congresscritters $174,000 per year.)

So yeah. I think waiting until one month before her primary to take her GED test says a lot about her character.

Yep.

8 Likes

And getting ransomed by the taxpayers, another case of bailouts for the rich.

5 Likes

Fair enough. I don’t see a problem with her getting a GED a month before her general election, and see it akin to a sanitation working getting a GED so they can qualify for a management position. I do, however, have a problem with how she used the GED and her new position, which has been, well, we all know what a shit-show it’s been.

Her character will taint anything and everything she does. I don’t want that taint to rub off on others who choose to pursue a GED just because she did something that we would otherwise not criticize, or might even applaud.

2nd Edit: changed my poor word choice again to be closer to what @Melizmatic wrote, because that was articulated much better.

9 Likes

Who could they be?

Oh My God Wow GIF by This Might Get

9 Likes

Being uncharacteristically generous for once, I think what was intended is the sentiment that ‘people who seek their GED should not be demonized because of the actions of this particular manipulative and disingenuous asshole…’ but holy fucksocks, was that some seriously terrible and poorly-chosen phrasing.

10 Likes

Yes, on all counts.

I own my poor choice of words, and have tried to make a correction, which I hope isn’t equally terrible.

8 Likes

It doesn’t look like she’s using it at all.

9 Likes

I get that, but the only real qualifiers for a US citizen to hold an elected Congressional office is age (25 years old for House, 30 years old for Senate) and residency. The Constitution says nothing about education level.

4 Likes

Referring to “Prince Albert in a can”?

referencing the penile piercing

2 Likes