Colorado’s shame Lauren Boebert is mad that “Prince John” is "taxing us into poverty"

The voice cast was pretty cool too. You can’t go wrong with casting Peter Ustinov and Terry Thomas to voice your villains. :lion: :snake:

6 Likes

Thank you for continuing to list her “wall of horribleness”.

4 Likes

Not forgetting that without petrodollars, Russia, Saudi Arabia and the UAE wouldn’t be wealthy enough to wage unending war on their smaller neighbours. They might even have become functioning democracies.

4 Likes

Wasn’t she also one of those who, out of the blue, gave tours of the Capitol building on 1/5/2020?

4 Likes

Maybe my request to stop making getting pregnant in HS a reason to bash Boebart was not best directed at @Brainspore , for which I apologize.

But it is literally the first thing the post mentions:

Check out these fun facts about the Colorado lawmaker::

1. Boebert is a high school drop-out. She quit high school when she got pregnant as a teenager in 2003, and didn’t get her GED certificate until 2020, a month before her election primary.

No nuance about her not supporting paid parental leave that that could have helped her get her GED in under 17 years, no qualifier about not supporting science based sex Ed, etc. just a salacious: she got pregnant in high school, and didn’t have a GED until right before she ran for Congress.

She is a horrible human being for all the other reasons given and more, but we can do better than add “teen mom who dropped out of school” to that list.

2 Likes

@brainspore and @anon33932455 are a couple of the folks who pushed back on that, so several of us agree with that.

But she is STILL a hypocrite for supporting policies which punish women.

15 Likes
5 Likes

Nigel Terry in Lion in Winter will always be my favorite

19dbec819876d89c5c6745f0ddc20d5c

(Later in his career he is also one of my favorite King Arthurs in Excalibur)

7 Likes

My interpretation was that Mark wanted to note that she dropped out of high school and then didn’t bother to get her GED until right before she ran for Congress (is it a requirement for a Congressperson?). I figured the only reason for adding her pregnancy to the text was because people would wonder why she dropped out of high school if he didn’t. But maybe I am being too generous to the author’s intentions.

Maybe they are trying to appeal to all the people that get horny on main for this guy?

3 Likes

Which, again, in and of itself is not a bad thing. There is noting wrong with any of that inherently. Who cares? The problem is her “policy” positions and her hypocrisy. And of course her white Christian fascism.

7 Likes

Not to mention how hypocritical it is for Republicans as a group to support a high school dropout given the hullabaloo they made demanding to see Barack Obama’s college transcripts and now Ketanji Brown Jackson’s LSAT test scores.

15 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

11 Likes

With twenty years of hindsight, it’s amazing how prescient the Gore administration was on global warming, technology and their link to national security. Just as well the Supreme Court insisted on counting all those ballots in Florida,eh?

8 Likes

Nigel Terry is great in that movie! It has such a killer cast.

Yes his King Arthur in Excalibur is the best Arthur.

2 Likes

Oh, she is a fetid, pus-filled abscess on the unwashed scrotum of humanity, but teen mom and late GED are not among her volumes of faults.

I’ve caught up on posts, so I think I’m good.

3 Likes

i won’t hold that fact alone against her. i’ve known too many people who have made their way to success despite not holding a high school diploma or even a g.e.d. i knew the owner of a business in my home town who was forced to drop out of school and work in the fields to assist his family after he completed the fourth grade. by the time i knew him, he was in his late 60s and owned a business that employed 50 people in my home town and he was extremely well read having determined when he began to achieve success as the owner of a grocery/hardware/feed mill to read and learn about the world and things that interested him. had he the opportunity i am sure he would have been successful at any college or university he might have attended.

what i will hold against her is that she is an incurious ass who ckearly has no intention of improving herself intellectually.

you are so much more optimistic than i am regarding the death cult.

11 Likes

Yes. WE all agree with you. I don’t know how many times I can say it. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

The whole neo nazi, e.coli loving, sex crime adjacent, scofflaw, hypocrite thing is far better to lean in with her.

Until she starts asking for LSAT scores of a sitting federal judge selected as a SCOTUS justice. Then she can fuck right off.

2 Likes

My standards are low. I’m just waiting for the first Prince John conspiracy theory to rear its head.

2 Likes