Colorado’s shame Lauren Boebert is mad that “Prince John” is "taxing us into poverty"

Originally published at: Colorado's shame Lauren Boebert is mad that "Prince John" is "taxing us into poverty" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Can’t Rocket Robin Hood and Space Force do something?

15 Likes
7 Likes

My guess is that the village idiot was trying to come out with a Q-anon moment to spark more theories about shadow governments, etc. All just part of the grift and keeping up momentum.

8 Likes

The term “criminally stupid” comes to mind.

19 Likes

How do you expect her to make a profit selling tainted pork sliders that give people bloody diarrhea?

I always love associating Boebert with making people violently ill and flowing feces. It encapsulates her political career so succinctly.

33 Likes

Aw, man, her smartest staffer (the one who’d read a book) probably worked on that line for her for hours, and then she goes and tanks it.

16 Likes

The best Prince John is:
Claude Rains-Adventures of Robin Hood. An actor who had evil/arrogant/cheeky down to a science

28 Likes

OT, but: in Mississauga, Ontario there is a swanky subdivision called “Sherwood Forest”. Apparently, although the nouveau riche who live there would rather it not be known, it is named that because a lot of the upfront investment came from Rocket Robin Hood money.

10 Likes

Once again we have a lesson in why reading is important. One day the GOP will return to that realisation.

12 Likes

Let us imagine for a moment that back in 2002, after 9/11 shocked us into passing big pieces of legislation like the Patriot Act, that we also realized our reliance on oil was a huge strategic problem (even ignoring the environmental issues), and so also started a huge federal program to get everyone solar panels and electric vehicles. I can’t see it costing more than the war in Iraq, and by now we would be in a very different place economically and diplomatically.

17 Likes

So the GOP is pro-Robin Hood now? I thought one of the few remaining principles of the Republican party was that they were dead set against taking from the rich to give to the poor.

27 Likes

I wonder what the hell she meant by this - was this supposed to be a reference to King George III? A Robin Hood reference? Something else that only made sense to her? She doesn’t seem to know what she’s saying, and given her deficits in knowledge and intelligence, this may be like asking, “What is a newt’s favorite Russian author?” I.e. a question with no answer because the entity in question can’t comprehend any of the concepts involved.

5 Likes

She quit high school when she got pregnant as a teenager in 2003, and didn’t get her GED certificate until 2020, a month before her election primary.

Good for her on this. Lots of girls who get pregnant as teens have a very difficult time completing any kind of education.

That said, the rest of the list reinforces that she’s a horrible human being.

12 Likes

But the fact that she took 17 years to complete her GED underlines the depths of her hypocrisy for opposing parental leave.

Clearly she wasn’t able to jump right back into her regular routine right after becoming a parent, so why does she think everyone else should be able to?

24 Likes

Our obsessions with cheaper and more have concentrated so much of our industry and resource extraction. In addition to destabilizing the climate it also destabilizes our politics.

5 Likes

I hope her opponent with all the turds in his commercial beats the crap out of her in that race…

15 Likes

Hey, presenting Robin Hood as simply a noble who hates taxes is a lot closer to the original than their version of Jesus is.

A new kind of Robin Hood

17 Likes

Old Lauren “Tainted Pork Sliders” Boebert, haha.

2 Likes

I wonder what was behind this one in Quebec?

4 Likes