Comatose Alexei Navalny loaded on plane for Germany, medical evacuation was delayed 2 days by Russian officials

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/21/comatose-alexei-navalny-loaded.html

3 Likes
5 Likes

16 Likes

As with the all-too-brief period in the '90s after the fall of the USSR, I’m looking forward to that interstitial period of openness after the Putin régime falls, when we find out just how busily nefarious Russia’s FSB/KGB had been.

7 Likes

So … 2 days for the metabolites of the poison to clear his system and make tests inconclusive?

6 Likes

You know, sometimes with borscht…

1 Like

Or just to put him firmly beyond all hope of recovery.

I expect them to blame it on a violent allergy to airport tea before eventually backtracking and pinning it on some Chechen petty criminal. That seems to be usually how it goes.

3 Likes

Russia doesn’t seem like a nice place. I’m glad my wife’s family left.

1 Like

I hope he recovers. Good for us to bear in mind that the forces behind this are not so distant from the USA these days, and this could be our future.

2 Likes

That’s how I heard it.
rootin-tootin-vladimir-putin
(I made that years ago, while shrub, jr was still on our throne)

Putin must be feeling pretty vulnerable to do this right now. This guy wasn’t a direct threat - but 67 year old dictators start looking weak to the youngsters.

And they can’t just retire.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Specifically, if I’m The Donald, I might be feeling a tad twitchy right now, seeing as how the possible expiration date of my usefulness could be fast approaching. On the other hand, if I’m in hock to The Vlad for millions I’m probably safe, right? Right?

Also wondering how soon Mr. Pence becomes the “Official Taster”. Would fall under the category of “other duties as assigned”.

5 Likes

I’m thinking more in terms of a second term (or fifth — does it matter?) Trump Regime, as the local branch of the Putin Crime Syndicate, employing these tactics on detractors.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.