Comcast, Time Warner make huge "donations" to party honoring their FCC overseer

[Permalink]

What the Libertarian fuck is up with the Good Olā€™ USA?

2 Likes

It would be cynical to think of this as bribery. Itā€™s simply an investment, with a very very good ROI.

9 Likes

Iā€™m pissed about this whole BS. I live in Pasadena and have been doing a fair amount of research into municipality run ISPā€™s. IF anyone has any leads on technology or examples on how we can get around this Behemoth of BS please PM me.

Sincerely

Dimitrios

2 Likes

Scumcast is just pissed they got caught making the ā€˜donationā€™ is all. If they didnā€™t get called on it, no issues.

If the FCC lets ISPs kill Net Neutrality and says the merger between Concast/Slime Warner should go through, there should be a petition, several petitions asking for Thom Wheeler to step down as head of the FCC.

1 Like

Jesus, 132 thousand? Thatā€™s it? What did they do, just scrape the money from underneath their toenails?

What the fuck do they do with all their money?

Anyone whose livelihood is subject to the opinions of an ā€œoverseerā€ is going to adopt one of two strategies.

1 - try to ingratiate oneself with the overseer
2 - try to subvert and/or overthrow the overseer

The only surprise here is that there are BBā€™ers who donā€™t know this.

If there is someone at fault here, itā€™s the FCC official who allowed herself to accept this.

But thatā€™s pretty normal too. Anyone who has this sort of power sooner or later comes around to thinking that sheā€™s personally indispensable to the nation and that any tributes paid to her are no more than what she rightfully deserves.

Of course, Iā€™m sure that will help. The hundred-year history of the FCC is replete with examples of the FCC cleaning up their act and protecting the public interest after a change of leadership.

Oh wait. Not at all.

Itā€™s amazing to me that no matter how many stories like this get posted, it will never convince people that the FCC is completely corrupt, will always be corrupt, and needs to be removed instead of reshuffled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.