Cowardice: After killing Net Neutrality in a torrent of lies and sleaze, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai cancels his CES appearance

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/03/chickenshit-2.html

2 Likes

Wally-World-Moose-Punch

13 Likes

before a public audience

giphy-1

19 Likes

I immediately got the mental image of his head gently foating off into the sky like a balloon…

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking…

5 Likes

No, no we look forward to the Ajit Pai roast, hosted by Dean Martin. Who is dead.

1 Like

Nah. Let’s get someone alive to do it.

Like Anthony Jeselnik

1 Like

Why not have him and Daniel Tosh tag team him?

3 Likes

To be fair, he’s busy that week recording a rap song with Logan Paul.

3 Likes

Empty chair him.

Do what the BBC programme ‘Have I Got News For You?’ did in the 1990s when the deputy leader of the Labour Party, Roy Hattersley, repeatedly withdrew at short notice, and replace Pai with a tub of lard*.

*other fats are available.

4 Likes

“Details of the threats to Pai remain unclear” Something like ripping off his balls and feeding them to pigs I’m guessing.

Meh. “Net Neutrality” didn’t make the net more accessible and repealing it won’t make it less so.

People focus on this while ignoring the fact that the biggest percentage of your access to the internet comes from your Android or Apple Phone and the phone makers can do whatever they want to limit access however they please.

Even if the overburdened ISPs were treated like telephone providers, Google is not required to show you all the possible hits, only the ones it has decided are more likely for you to buy from their highest paying customers.

The ISPs are making more money year over year, every year, for the last two decades.

If they’re overburdened then I’m freaking the king of Beverly hills.

5 Likes

You still didn’t explain how “net neutrality” solved any problems, nor have you addressed the issue of search engines running algos that limit what hits you see.

If ISPs are making so much money, buy their stock, get rich off it and use your wealth to fund campaigns of politicians who will provide free (taxpayer funded) internet for all.

Here you go:

2005 - Madison River Communications was blocking VOIP services. The FCC put a stop to it.

2005 - Comcast was denying access to p2p services without notifying customers.

2007-2009 - AT&T was having Skype and other VOIPs blocked because they didn’t like there was competition for their cellphones. 2011 - MetroPCS tried to block all streaming except youtube. (edit: they actually sued the FCC over this)

2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon were blocking access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit. edit: this one happened literally months after the trio were busted collaborating with Google to block apps from the android marketplace

2012, Verizon was demanding google block tethering apps on android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn’t do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction. (edit: they were fined $1.25million over this)

2012, AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money.

2013, Verizon literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place.

4 Likes

Oh, how overburdening! Where will they ever find the money to pay for it?
/s

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.